I keep losing my bolts..............

Guest HessLakeGuy

Guest HessLakeGuy

you know, the ones that hold down the brace over the battery.

When I move batteries around to five different Reattas during most summers means I am fooling with these bolts all summer long. No matter how careful I am I still end up dropping them somewhere/somehow. Lots of times I am doing this in the grass or the gravel alongside my garage and I cannot seem to find them.

I am going to get some replacements at the U Pull this week to replenish my supply.

Isn't the 1991 bolt different from the other years cars ? (I cannot check the 1991 tonight, its stored at my cottage).

Many, many thanks.

Tom

PS----Am I the only one that this happens to?

I loosen both bolts,then remove the strut tower bolt,move brace over radiator,replace bolt in the strut tower. When done working reverse order.

Guest Kingsley

Referring to the immediately prior post and not being critical, one of the things that bugs me is finding the battery bolts chewed up by pliers, vise grips and so forth. Use that 5/16" six point socket or wrench that the pro's do. I also find frequently that messed up threads on the side mount battery bolts are the cause of poor negative grounds. An easy purchase at your FLAPS as is the socket/wrench.

Edited by Kingsley
Dratted typo (see edit history)