e-brake cable retainer spring clip

Guest ggdad1951

Guest Richie09

I have checked my '36-'48 master parts list and they don't show that type of clip in the e-brake section. I don't suppose you have a part number?

I does look like it clips onto something round, like a shaft so I am thinking a "C" clip could be found to fit. Richie

Guest ggdad1951

this is a '51...it goes on either end of the e-brake cable housing. This retains the housing in the pull rod assembly and the bottom of the flywheel cover to anchor the housing ends. PN 4-23-28, as seen in plate 4-2 of the parts manual for the B series trucks. thanks.

Guest Richie09

Lemmee help out a bit more, the PN you gave is a Part Type Code, you need to find that under the page that shows the individual parts..then go down the Year and Model Application underneath that to get the PN for your year part. 6 or 7 digits with no hyphens. If a "C" clip isn't a good idea or you want stock parts only, maybe try the PN with someone like vvap.com see if they have it in stock.

I can't look it up for you because I don't have listings past '48, but your manual is layed out the same as mine as MoPar did same with manuals for many years.

Guest ggdad1951

rats, I contacted them and sent them a picture and the parts are not the same. Time to hit the local treasureyards it seems.