Another Voisin Aérodyne for auction

Guest Skip Jordan

Guest Rob McDonald

YIKES, what an aggressively hideous car! Not a good angle to be had. The overall ill effect is trumped, however, by the ugliest interior ever stitched. Oh, for the subtle beauty of a Pontiac Aztec.

It's not that hard on my eyes. Considering that this was a car from the days of Art Deco design, I would say it would have been very cool in 1935. :cool: I happen to like it! And the upholstery is very Art Deco and really stands out. Of course, I do have a thing for wild colors and paterns. The engine looks like it is of very high quality also. I bet back in it's day, it would move right along. :D Dandy Dave!

Guest Rob McDonald

ALSANCLE, oh yeah, the Tucker was one ugly mish-mash, too. Despite such critical opinions, I do appreciate the uniqueness of all Voisins and imagine that they had a startling effect at the Paris salons of the '30s. I did see one in person at Pebble Beach, a long time ago. I was memorably impressed by its outrageous proportions and exotic panache. Still, you couldn't pay me enough to keep one in my garage.

Thanks for referring us to another thread on Voisin. West P provided a link there to a lavishly illustrated website that puts this toad into perspective. Later products of the company had an elegant, Crossley-like cachet to their styling and proportions.

http://bricology.livejournal.com/39179.html?thread=438539

Edited by Rob McDonald
added a link (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Btw, I think RM is low balling in their estimate of $370,000-$437,000.

Car sold for $613,088. I've always thought that estimates are low on cars that the auction company knows there will be a lot of interest in and conversely high on cars where the auction company does not see interest. This one seems to prove that case.