Off Topic, DTS problem, HELP

Guest Richard D

Guest Richard D

I have a good friend who Has a mint 2007 DTS and the outside temp readout just started showing 57 degrees. He works in Texas and it is a lot hotter there. I told him to unplug the temp sensor behind the grill and see what happens. Even though he worked for GM for 42 years this seems to be a problem. If I send him pics of my temp sensor and the pages that explain how it works from the Reatta FSM think it would be similar? Anybody have a DTS manual that shows the outside sensor? He helped me a lot with my Reatta and would like to return the favor.

Thank's to All,

Richard

Guest Richard D

Thank You both for your help. Out of frustration he pushed his english/metric button and that corrected the problem. My guess is a spike or an EMP :( caused the problem. He had tried disconnecting the battery.

The real thanks should go to those pioneers who scanned three of the four FSMs and the P&A.
You are correct Padgett. My hat is off to all those who took part. I have no idea who they all were. That was before my time as a Reatta owner. One of those gentlemen contacted me via email recently and offered to send me a copy of the '89 FSM pdf that he had done work on so I could put it on my website. Although I turned down the offer because I haven't been able to obtain permission to use the copyrighted material, I was flattered that he would offer it to me. I'm sure many long hours were spent scanning those manuals. The work I have done on my website is probably just a drop in the bucket compared to the work they did on the FSMs.