Sign in to follow this  
Joe Cozza

Trip to Tampa FL

I'm visiting family in Tampa area in a couple of weeks and I would like to visit some auto muesums while there. Does anybody know of any within a two hr. drive of Tampa.

Thanks

Sarasota has a nice museum..........5500 North Tamiai Trail

Sarasota, FL 34243

(941) 355-6228

Don Garlits has an excellent museum..........13700 SW 16th Ave

Ocala, FL 34473

(352) 245-8661

A couple in Clearwater, arent really museums but set up like a museum and nice to view, PJs auto world is one of them........... 1370 Cleveland Street

Clearwater, Florida 33755

Tel: 727-461-4900

Try this one as well..........3301 Gateway Centre Boulevard

Pinellas Park, FL 33782-6106

(727) 579-8226

Fort Meade is less than 2 a way and this is the best place to bring the family and see the old stuff..........Florida Fly Wheelers & Antique 7000 Avon Park Cut Off Road

Fort Meade, FL 33841

(863) 285-9121

Lots of antique stores in these areas as well, nice group of them in Clearwater

If you only have a day than I would call Fort Meade first and see if they have anything open and going on the day you plan to be there, they might be of the most interest if you are into put put engines, tractors and old cars.

If you are into drag racing and nothing is open at Meade the day you are going to be here than dont miss out on Don Garlits drag racing museum, might be 12 bucks to get in but worth it in my opinion.

My next choice would be the one in Sarasota I mentioned, not the biggest but still nice and pretty well organized. ( Ringling museum and art center is across the street and if you are into old toys and the circus than it cannot be beat for the whole family )

Old town is less than two a way and they have a real nice show on Saturday nights, prob wont see anything old old but still fun for the family

First Sat of every month is Dade city car show, defanitely worth going for the entire family, not just a lame burger joint car show, Plant city is the 3rd Sat of every month, defanitely worth going for the whole family.

Zephyrhills used to be the 2nd Sat but they stopped for a long time ( it sucked ) but someone told me its back on. I have not confirmed this yet.

I could keep going on and on but these are off the top of my head