Wanted: '65 Olds 98 turn signal switch...

I needed one for my '67 98. They are very hard to come by on their own and I ended up buying an entire column from a seller here ( tilt/telescopic but no turning lamps). It was black and I painted it olive to match my interior. Finding another whole column might be your best bet. Good Luck !

post-70980-143138695365_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion; I have managed to come across a couple, but the costs are fairly prohibitive; not sure yet in my determination if these are fair market values, or if they are as out of line as they appear to be, IMHO. This is for a friend, who I think I can safely say just wants them to work, and does not want to plunk down serious coinage just to get her turn signals working again. Also, want to do it once and do it right, so if we're going to go to the trouble of getting into the steering column, might as well put the right switch in that accommodates the cornering lamps, as this car is replete with many factory options.

Have you used the factory shop manual to be sure it is indeed the switch? Check with NAPA and see if available through the Standards brand? Or have a govmo dealer run an obsolete check for dealer stock? It is most likely the same on Buicks and Cadillacs for the 65/66 year models with corning lamps.

Ron

It can be discontinued by govmo and still be in a dealers inventory - a dealer inventory search is then required - the two don't seem to be tied together when I searched for 95 Buick rear bumper shocks a year ago - I had to get the parts guy to do it by request - he only checked govmo's inventory.

Ron

• 1 month later...

Nice ride! The alloy wheels are a great touch! Again, any ideas for where I can locate a switch are appreciated; I actually have found a couple of sources, but their prices are quite prohibitive, though if push comes to shove we may have to bite the bullet accordingly.

• 1 month later...

OK, a quick question here for the parts gurus and interchangeability folks out there. To reiterate, the '65-'66 full-size Olds turn signal switch for cars without tilt-wheel, but with cornering lamps, is 910813; I have come across a turn signal switch for a '66 Olds Toronado, no tilt-wheel, but with cornering lamps; that part number is 911088. While I do think the person who has one is being honest in describing them as interchangeable, would like more confirmation one way or another if possible.

• 5 weeks later...

I appreciate the word regarding Shee-Mar; will keep that reference handy. I do believe I have found the switch I am looking for in the meantime. But, once again, thanks for the tip for me, plus for future viewers of this thread who may need help in this area as well...