SHOCKING Jetstar!!

Guest Reeno1971

Guest Reeno1971

Ok guys I'm stumped!! We cannot locate front shocks for our 1964 Jetstar 88. Napa, Monroe, Rockauto and can't seem to find the right ones.

Any help would be appreciated! The poor car is up on jack stands in the driveway.

See Joe's comment on another thread YOU posted in the Olds technical section ;

Re: Newly acquired 1964 Jetstar convertible

The J88 was the bottom of the line full size car for Olds and used versions of the engine, trans, rear axle, and brakes from the A-body cars. The 1964 J88 has many parts unique to that year and model. The rear axle housing, front spindles, and even the frame are unique to the 1964 J88. Even the engine accessory brackets on the 330 are unique to the 1964 J88.

Joe Padavano

OCA Capital City Rockets chapter

62 F-85 Deluxe wagon

64 Jetstar 88

66 442 conv

68 W-30

69 H/O

69 442

70 W-30

72 442

Edited by helfen (see edit history)

So the answer to the question IF no store has your part is to take your old shocks off and take them to the parts store and put them side by side in length compressed and outstretched with shocks from a 64 88 and a 64 F-85 Cutlass and see if you can get a match. This will take a little time, from my local NAPA store a day or two and the store I use will gladly do this and send back (or keep) whatever I can't use at no cost.

Don

So the answer to the question IF no store has your part is to take your old shocks off and take them to the parts store and put them side by side in length compressed and outstretched with shocks from a 64 88 and a 64 F-85 Cutlass and see if you can get a match. This will take a little time, from my local NAPA store a day or two and the store I use will gladly do this and send back (or keep) whatever I can't use at no cost.

Don

A-body (F-85) shocks won't work on the B-body J88. As I said in that other post, the control arms (and shocks) are the same as on other B-body Oldsmobiles for that year. Kanter sells shocks (and all the other suspension pieces) for this car.

Kanter Auto Products - Classic Antique Auto Restoration Parts