Ready to Try This?

Phil 32DL6

That is probably not the problem, in most any other country outside the U.S including most third world nations commodities are not as disposable as they are in the U.S. They actually have to use their heads and refurbish items and still have the skills to be able to do these things.

I was initially only making a joke ( hopefully my attempt at humor was not totally lost) but it prob would have been more correct to say that chances are they just dont have the money to invest in a new/re-furbushed battery. Looks like red-neck ingenuity Rusky style

Edited by 1930 (see edit history)

THIS IS NOT AS SILLY AS IT LOOKS,OUR 28 STANDARD 6 TOURER WAS STARTED IN A SIMILAR MANNER

DURING A RALLY SEVERAL YEARS AGO THE STARTER DIED AND I DO NOT OWN A CRANK HANDLE FOR THIS MODEL

THE GROUND WAS FLAT AND THERE WAS NOBODY AROUND TO PUSH

I JACKED THE DRIVERS SIDE REAR WHEEL OFF THE GROUND,RETARDED THE SPARK,A LITTLE BIT OF CHOKE,TOP GEAR,GRAB THE WOODEN SPOKES OF THE

WHEEL AND TURNED IT IN THE FORWARD DIRECTION AND THE ENGINE STARTS

PS DONT FORGET THE JACK

As 2251DB says: this method of starting was common in the old days.

It was a lot easier with large dia spoked wheels too. U just jacked her up grabbed the spokes and gave the wheel a good spin.

At least u didn't have to worry about broken wrists or arms!

Compressions ratios were low and there were no LSD diffs or electronic ignitions etc to consider either.

Cheers

Manuel in Oz