Sign in to follow this  
Ward Hill

On-line judges registration

On-line judges registration is working well with the ability to buy the breakfast electronically. However, those who register on-line are still required to mail a SASE to get a confirmation and parking pass, if needed or attend an early judges school on site to get a pass. All other on-line stores will send a purchase confirmation automatically by e-mail. This should be added to our registration process, in which case a parking pass could be added for local printout. All in favor?

I figure the only snag in your plan will be the parking pass being available for local printout. Could lend itself to abuse. But the confirmation idea is a good one. That way folks would know that their registration did arrive. :)

Ward, I just happened on the judges site for the first time in awhile. In the future, send the ideas to our office or to the VP of Class Judging as we may miss your thoughts completely.

There is a confirmation when you sign up to judge and pay your fee via the internet. However, the judges parking passes are handled by the local clubs not national at the present time. With the approval of the regions, we might possibly be able to handle an online pass. Susan rightfully points out that this could make abuse a bit easier.

Judging school is always prior to the actual show and at some meets passes are available at that time.

The one thing your post points out that we should think if there is a better way to handle judges parking...I will send this along to the folks who are responsible and get their thoughts.

I managed to get letter for my parking pass from Saudi Arabia, so it would be at the house when i arrive home a few days before Hershey. I had friend hand carry back to be mailed to Turkey where he was meeting his wife, and she mailed for me inside the USA. Problem was finding stamps for inside envelope. I now have 10 forever stamp with in my Hershey kit

Edited by packards42 (see edit history)