Aargh eBay got me!!

drdon

Opened my computer this morning and 624 items in 1937 Studebaker -fits.

Crap. I hate this. Floor mats and car covers by the hundred. I know I just

beefed about this a month or two ago, but they got by the "-fits" now.

Any ideas out there?

You can also easily omit specific sellers in your search. In this case it appears to be someone with a user name of brakeoutlet (selling floor mats). Simply go to the top and find “Search advanced.” Type in the search item (i.e. 37 Studebaker) then a minus sign for things like mats, ads, covers etc. Then scroll down on this same page to the word “Sellers” and check the first box then change Include to EXCLUDE and put the offenders user name in the box. Simple as that!

Add an asterisk (*) after each "root" word: mat* cover* etc. This will eliminate any words that contain additional letters after the root word. In other words, you won't have to type "mats" or "covers."

Be aware however, that if there is any word containing letters beyond the root word that you DO want to view, that word will also disappear when using the asterisk.

• 2 months later...

ebay called me about 6 months ago for feedback, and I told the lady that they have ruined their site and chased buyers to other venues by allowing bulk-listing offenders to violate their policy against keyword spamming. She told me to report these sellers. I told her that I have but ebay does nothing. Apparently ebay does not care that they have destroyed their site for shoppers because they care more about penny listing fees than about legit business. Most shoppers looking for real parts for real cars will not bother with advanced searches, they will simply go elsewhere when confronted w/ page after page of license frame toppers, headlight hoods, ashtrays, covers, and other useless & irrelevant Chicom dreck. In the last year, I have sold more from my HMN ad than on ebay because HMN is a far more buyer friendly venue.