Fuel Cap Door

Guest SwiftBuicks

Guest SwiftBuicks

It looks like my Fuel Cap Door will rust through. Where can I go on-line for a replacement? I tried E-bay but couldn't find any. thanks

I can get one for you at the local u pick but not at $15.00. I would be in the $25.00 range as I would have to go get it [i don't stock cars like Jim and Marck do]. There are a number of them out there. Pm me if interested. Also include preferred color.

Sorry, I didn't include the fact that the vehicle in question is an '89 Riviera not a Reatta.

About two weeks ago I picked up a white gas door in the local junk yard for my neighbor's Riviera who also has a rust problem. It turns out his car is pearl white and the one I picked up is not pearl but straight white.

If you car is not pearl, I may still have the gas door. I sent a Reatta to the crusher a week ago and may have thrown it inside that car but can check.

If you need a white, not pearl white door, send me an email.

Jim

About two weeks ago I picked up a white gas door in the local junk yard for my neighbor's Riviera who also has a rust problem. It turns out his car is pearl white and the one I picked up is not pearl but straight white.

If you car is not pearl, I may still have the gas door. I sent a Reatta to the crusher a week ago and may have thrown it inside that car but can check.

If you need a white, not pearl white door, send me an email.

Jim

Jim, If your neighbor still needs a pearl white door (or if you need one SwiftBuicks) there are two in a yard I frequent. Though, they crush cars regularly, so if you want it let me know asap

Jim, If your neighbor still needs a pearl white door (or if you need one SwiftBuicks) there are two in a yard I frequent. Though, they crush cars regularly, so if you want it let me know asap

I also should be able to find one on an upcoming trip I have planned. I will be leaving next Wednesday morning for Texas, for a few days and plan on stopping in several U Pull Its on the way.

Guest SwiftBuicks

Thanks for all the offers to help. Color is a problem as I don't know what the color is. Maroon, I think. However, I have yet to find a touch-up paint that matches. I'll have to check for a code. Isn't it in the VIN? I'm going to have to paint the car eventually, too, so white may be o.k. Give me a few hours, though, and I'll check for color.

For the 86-93 Riviera the Parts and Service label that contains your cars particular RPO codes is glued to the underside of the board that covers the spare tire. This board is positioned over the spare to create a level surface in the trunk. For the 79-85 Riviera (and maybe earlier) the label was located on the right hand underside of the trunk lid.

For the 86-93 Riviera the Parts and Service label that contains your cars particular RPO codes is glued to the underside of the board that covers the spare tire. This board is positioned over the spare to create a level surface in the trunk. For the 79-85 Riviera (and maybe earlier) the label was located on the right hand underside of the trunk lid.

Somehow I missed this post!! Sorry, ignore what I said. DShip would know better than any of us! :D

Seems odd that the would put it on a removable piece such as that plastic piece...

Sorry, I didn't include the fact that the vehicle in question is an '89 Riviera not a Reatta.
It's a good idea to add Riviera and the model, (and any other relative information), to your signature line. It will make it much less confusing for the Reatta forum to help answer your questions.

Click "User CP" in the menu at the top of this page and scroll down to "Edit Signature"

Thanks!

Marck,

I totally agree its a weird place to put the label...that board could easily be replaced/switched/thrown away. But, that's where I've seen it on all the 7th gen Riv's I've owned or have come across at ROA meets.

Guest SwiftBuicks
Ronnie, You should add to your website that not all Reatta SPID stickers are in the tire well.

Some early '88s, as well as some others (I've seen one on a Select 60) are on the underside of the trunk lid.

SwiftBuicks, did you check the bottom side of your trunk lid?

OK, I found the sticker. Ronnie, thanks for the apology, it was no problem. Now, I have to figure out which is my color code. I see an 11A, 40Q, 72 U, 78B, 78F, and 78I. I have been rather busy with other things and haven't been able to get back to this. The door hasn't rusted through yet and I leave for Florida and my other Buick in 12 days. However, I do want to see this through and eventually optain another door. Edited by SwiftBuicks (see edit history)

I looked up the codes you provided from a copy I have of the GM Regular Production Code Master List (verbatim):

11A=pin stripe color pewter

40Q=molding color white

72U=primary color exterior medium Garnett Red Metalic

78B=trim combination cloth Garnet Red

78F=covering color floor mat Garnet Red

78I=interior trim Garnet Red

Not only are colors listed in the 'meat' of the SPI, but as Pagdett says they are also listed on the bottom.