40 LINCOLN ZEPHYR (FACTORY SHOT)

Mssr. Bwatoe

All of my teams lost yesterday, and so I am plugging away at the net for Zephyrs much more pleasant...Here is a cool pic.

By the way, anyone have an antenna fore sale?? 40 or 41 will do the job ..has a little ball on top, bakelite spacer and recessed nut??.. I have some funs stuff to possibly trade or I can rob my kid college fund!!

Keith here. Attached is the photo of the antenna base I make. Original antenna bases were painted body color if radio was ordered from the factory and shinny black plastic (bakelite) if radio was installed by local dealer. There are two models of antenna bases for these years. The model I mold accepts a 9/16” hex nut on the bottom base. The second model takes a larger hex nut (I do not make the second version). Also, I do not make the antenna nor the rubber spacer between the top base and fender. That rubber spacer can be order from Metro Molded Parts. Item #MP 821-L (an excellent source for antique rubber items.).

Bwatoe, I can send you a color price list of all the Lincoln Zephyr interior plastic I reproduce. Send me a PM message if you are interested with your email address.

In the last issue of "The Way of The Zephyr" is a nice article Dave Cole wrote about my mold making endeavors. It will give you a little background on who I am and what I do.

post-31184-143138687746_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the response keith..I am encouraged by your energy and my 38 lz cnv nowsports your blond plastic..so far I am very impressed.....

John Moglia made my knobs, John benzenhoefer made my wheel..30 years ago, and they seem be hanging on ok..I removed my antenna andtrashed it back in the 70's, thinking I could simply buy a better one....oh well..live and learn..but when I find one, I will buy new spacer from you!

Check with John Murphy on the antenna. He has a guy in the Ocala area that does repairs and he may have something. This guy had my antenna and when finished it was like new.

John was in Hershey, then visited a friend. I don't know if he made it back home or not yet.

(or sneak into Jim's garage and "borrrow"one of his.)

Tom

• 2 weeks later...