1915 Metz

Guest greg walsh

Guest greg walsh

I just saw on craigslist a 1915 Metz for sale. They are asking $4000 or best offer or trade. It has all the parts,some in boxes,the motor's free turning. I don't know if that's a good price or not. Don't know much about those cars. I'm considering a trade for my 912 Porsche but not sure.I have his number if someone's interested.

I'm not sure on the price. The Metz autos had a friction drive trans which did not make them very good hill climers as the trans would tend to slip. Do you plan on making a driver out of it, or putting it in a museum setting? Dandy Dave!

Guest Mochet

I maintain that, if set up correctly, the Metz friction drive is not defective, and will climb any hill a Model T can climb. My goal is to prove that in my own Metz... when I finally get the thing restored!

Phil

Guest greg walsh

I doubt that I'll get the car because of storage space, but if I did get it I'd probably just drive it to car shows.It's a roadster and is in the Fl.Spacecoast craigslist autos under antiques.

Guest M R Simpers

I'd by this is a minute if I had the space. It is in Dr. Phillips in the Orlando area.

Here is the posting or you can access thru PostingID: 2637157855...

M.R.

Cocoa, FL

1915 Antique car Metz - $4000 (Dr.Phillips)

Date: 2011-10-07, 10:25AM EDT

Reply to: sale-8syjw-2637157855@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

We are selling a rare car from the 1900's called a "Metz" Automobile. We inherited the car from our grandfather who had purchased the car and then stored it in his garage for over 50 years. Now, it is in our garage and we do not have the time to restore it and would like to have more space in our garage to get our cars inside. The car was built in 1915. The photos will give you a good idea of the car and the condition, but does not show all the parts that are included. I believe we have all of the parts including the fenders, the headlights, etc. in boxes in the garage also. The car would be great for a collector or rare car enthusiast that wants a fixer-upper!

You can do some research on the manufacturer by typing in Metz in google. Basically in 1898 a man named Charles Metz was credited with making America's first 'motorcycle', by adding a motor to a tandem bicycle, but then he went on to building cars. However, during WW1, the government took over his car factory to make airplane parts for the war and never paid him back to turn his factory back into an automobile factory, and he went out of business. This is why the cars are very rare as not many have been made.

We would also consider a trade, such as an old 'muscle car', 'classic car', or an old Jeep Wagoneer. Or, if you have a motorcycle such as a Harley or BMW we would consider that too. Please feel free to contact with any questions or if you would like to see the car.

We are motivated to sell so make an offer or let us know what you have to trade! Thanks!

CALL US MAKE OFFER 407-217-4141

$4000 OBO

I maintain that, if set up correctly, the Metz friction drive is not defective, and will climb any hill a Model T can climb. My goal is to prove that in my own Metz... when I finally get the thing restored!

Phil

Ey ey Captian. That would be Cool. :cool: Dandy Dave!