Sign in to follow this  
fred

1955 Dodge Pick Up truck Info Needed

Hi all, does anyone know what may interchange with 1955 Dodge pick up trucks.

I need a bunch of items, window channels and regulators, outside door latch handles, and could use another drivers door too.

I am just wondering what years are interchangeable parts wise for these trucks.

I have heard that 45-58 interchange many parts, but do not know for sure.

Thanks in advance....Fred

The cab and front clip are going onto a 1955 Fargo 1/2 ton chassis I own, it has good running engine, and drivetrain

post-41564-143138683184_thumb.jpg

post-41564-143138683186_thumb.jpg

Hi, not familiar with these trucks, BUT I have a 29th edition Hollanders here and this is what they say about door replacement interchanges: (I think you have a Dodge model C-1 but don't know)

1006 Dodge Truck 1397458-9 Fr....'54-early'55 C-1 series cab and panel

1009 Dodge truck 1564635-6 Fr....."55-'56 C-3 series cab and panel

From what I do know..I wouldn't look earlier than 1951 for internal door parts that will fit.

Apparently there was a model change number mid-'55 from C-1 to C-3 for the pick-up, the guys on the pilothouse web site I am sure could be more help. Richie

most interior parts are the same. im perty sure that the door handles and gauges are the same as the later model flat fender power wagons and you towed it home with a mini van....THATS AWESOME!!!

UPDATE: Have been working on the old 55 Dodge/Fargo truck, have the 251 engine running pretty good, and did find a parts truck in Noevember.

I now have decent doors, and a box, although the box is froma 53 it fits, and I do have the 55 rectangular fenders for Her.

I have recently sripped the fron clip, and shot on 3 coats of "poor mans" epoxy primer, blasted and painted the grill white.

I have actually driven this truck about 4 times, just a fw miles each time, needs fron end work, brakes need bleeding/adjsuting, but it ran and road not bad.

Here are some pics I took today....

post-41564-143138810772_thumb.jpg

post-41564-143138810775_thumb.jpg

post-41564-143138810777_thumb.jpg

new to the site...your 55 looks like it is coming along great.

i have a 55 of my own and ran into a little snag. the fuel hose near the fuel pump (the roughly 6" linkage running into the fuel pump) broke at the coupling so i need to replace it. The only problem is most places i have looked dont have the high pressure hose as the pump is mechanical which im sure you all know already. i've been searching online for the correct part but am finding up to 54 not 55. does anyone happen to have the part number for the specific piece of hose i'm referring to so i can hone my search online? if needed i can post a pic of the piece it will be replacing.

thanks for any help,

fox.

Heck, this ain't high pressure, maybe 8 psi.

Go to any hydraulics place, and have em make up a new hose with the connectors, take the old one to show them what you need.

I ahve made these myself, with fuel line fittings and small hose clamps.

Here is the 1 I got made for $20 in Canada, if I would have paind 10 more bucks, it would have had better end fittings, but thse were good enough, and overkill for these applications.

Have a look at this Movie_0003.wmv - YouTube

new to the site...your 55 looks like it is coming along great.

i have a 55 of my own and ran into a little snag. the fuel hose near the fuel pump (the roughly 6" linkage running into the fuel pump) broke at the coupling so i need to replace it. The only problem is most places i have looked dont have the high pressure hose as the pump is mechanical which im sure you all know already. i've been searching online for the correct part but am finding up to 54 not 55. does anyone happen to have the part number for the specific piece of hose i'm referring to so i can hone my search online? if needed i can post a pic of the piece it will be replacing.

thanks for any help,

fox.

post-41564-143138897967_thumb.jpg

post-41564-14313889797_thumb.jpg

post-41564-143138897973_thumb.jpg

post-41564-143138897976_thumb.jpg