Sign in to follow this  
carlbraun

1965 Riviera GS exhaust vs. Standard Riv

Carl, I'm almost certain I have all the original hangers on my non GS car that I'm stripping to the shell now. I'm going to contact Waldron, and ask them. I too, will be buying at least one exhaust system from them in the next few months.

that would be great if they can copy your hangers Rob, and we can all get a set of them. Im all for getting the complete system as well for my car.

Carl, I'm almost certain I have all the original hangers on my non GS car that I'm stripping to the shell now. I'm going to contact Waldron, and ask them. I too, will be buying at least one exhaust system from them in the next few months.

Rob

when you talk to them ask them if they would build up a set for the 2 1/4" GS exhaust too. I'm in for a set

Just spoke to John over at Waldron's. He said they have the tail pipe hangers and are re-producing those, but he needs the 4 forward of the tail pipe hangers to re-produce them. He was excited to hear that I have those on my car, so I will be sending him those 4 hangers this week, so that they can re-produce them. So, looks like you guys will be able to get new hangers now. Will keep you updated.

I told John there are a number of folks that need them here, so he seems anxious to get them made.

Yes, Carl, he said he'd make them for the GS system's too.

Rob.

WoW!

thats great news Rob! Thanks!

Im all geeked up to get the exhaust and hangers. Im thinking the aluminized system would be plenty good.

Edited by rsmalling (see edit history)

So it looks like there are 6 hangers (3 per Side) as I look at the shop manual. Tail pipe, at Muffler flange, and just forward of the resonator.

Edited by rsmalling (see edit history)

So it looks like there are 6 hangers (3 per Side) as I look at the shop manual. Tail pipe, at Muffler flange, and just forward of the resonator.

You would be correct.

this is potentially of interest to me too.

I just broke my new Waldron's muffler outta the box on Friday cos my workshop guys had a bit of time to install it.

I thought I'd do it right and get a muffler that's based on the original. clever right?

following engineer's designs. bolt straight on....

What I didn't stop to consider was whether my 47 year old car currently has a muffler that resembles the original....

hmmmm. nope.... DOH !

current muffler:

photo-3.jpg

photo-1.jpg

New muffler (crudely using my hand for scale):

photo-2.jpg

I have it booked into the local exhaust experts tomoro morning.

hopefully they can fashion something.

might need to get sexy new tail pipes too...

Edited by whitewatersky
add pics (see edit history)

UPDATE...my waldron's exhaust system is mounted and fits like a glove. I installed it myself, on my back, with the car up on jack stands. the hangers were the real obstacle but I ended up restoring the original GS hangers.

im a happy customer and may get some more pics posted when I get the car up in the air.

post-77544-143142558392_thumb.jpg

post-77544-143142558401_thumb.jpg

post-77544-143142558392_thumb.jpg

post-77544-143142558401_thumb.jpg