1939 Shift Cable

Guest Marcus8675

Guest Marcus8675

I am in the process of restoring my 1939 Chrysler Royal (C22). I have found the shift cable to be sluggish and, in the process of cleaning and freeing it up, broken. :eek: I have searched every place I can think of and can not find a replacement. Please help me locatate something that may work. It is frustrating to be so close on my restoration and yet, unable to move.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Normand13
I am in the process of restoring my 1939 Chrysler Royal (C22). I have found the shift cable to be sluggish and, in the process of cleaning and freeing it up, broken. :eek: I have searched every place I can think of and can not find a replacement. Please help me locatate something that may work. It is frustrating to be so close on my restoration and yet, unable to move.

I am a mechanic and a machinist. I also own a 1939 Chrysler Royal C22. I had the same problem as you for the shifter cable. Since I couldn't find one, I machined it and it works perfectly.

If you need some information, you can contact me and I will help as much as I can. here is my mail: normand.canty@hotmail.com