jeff_a

PEERLESS PARTS FOR SALE THREAD

XXV. Someone in MI or WI has the Front and Rear Ends of a 1920s Peerless FS on ebay from a car turned into a hay wagon. Has 2 Peerless hubcaps, but wood wheels are 16"(?).

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

XXV. Guide Ray Headlamps for sale

Drum Style. Type - A

Believe these are from a 1926 Peerless sedan.

post-91637-143141774689_thumb.jpg

Very good condition. Little Rust. Bulbs and Lenses are intact.

Located in Boston, MA

Please contact me with offers or for more information.

Thank you,

Rich

404 803 6351

adthings@mindspring.com

post-91637-143141772885_thumb.jpg

post-91637-14314177289_thumb.jpg

post-91637-143141774678_thumb.jpg

post-91637-143141774685_thumb.jpg

Edited by RicRider
additional pics (see edit history)

Rich,

Thank you for posting the photos of the set of headlamps you have for sale. The only place I have ever seen that unusual art-nouveau-style 6-sided polygon design before is on a 1924 Peerless Model 6-70 Pullman-bodied Touring Phaeton. ----Jeff

XXVII. I was looking at ebay yesterday, and saw a pair of nice 1929 Headlights, two Instrument Panels[for '28 6-60 & '29 6-61],a Peerless Eagle Emblem, a Door Handle, and a Generator FS. The generator is for all those guys out there with 1924 Peerless Sixes.

I was attending a flea market up in Lindsay, Ontario, Canada. Ran into a vendor who is scrapping a 1926 Peerless 6 cylinder model. There is no drivetrain but he mentioned the axles and some body and chassis parts were still good. If interested call 905-985-9276 and ask for Eric before July.

Hello Model8125!

I just got off the phone with Eric a minute ago. He sounds like a really cool guy - has a body shop. Thanks for the tip.

Ralph

I was attending a flea market up in Lindsay, Ontario, Canada. Ran into a vendor who is scrapping a 1926 Peerless 6 cylinder model. There is no drivetrain but he mentioned the axles and some body and chassis parts were still good. If interested call 905-985-9276 and ask for Eric before July.

XXVIII. Ebay Motors today has a Gray-Davis Generator for sale. The significance of those is that they 1st started appearing on Peerlesses about 1912 when electric start came out. Vendor says this may fit a Peerless, not that it came off of one. From 90-year-old estate.

Anyone know the model and body style of the Peerless Six up in Ontario?

XXIX. For 3 more hours, there is an original Peerless Eagle radiator mascot(ca. 1927-29) FS; also a Warner Gear Transmission that should fit a '31 Marmon, '31-32 Stutz, or a '30-32 Peerless Master or Custom; and a set of headlights for a '29 Peerless.

First time I've seen one of these hood ornaments in about 4 years. This one is up to $139 despite second-rate condition.

XXX. A number of interesting things are on eBay Motors right now: a radiator emblem for a 1929 or 1930-32 Peerless, a radiator emblem for a ca. 1916-1922 Peerless, and a Peerless tire pressure gauge.

XXX. A number of interesting things are on eBay Motors right now: a radiator emblem for a 1929 or 1930-32 Peerless, a radiator emblem for a ca. 1916-1922 Peerless, and a Peerless tire pressure gauge.

Sorry Jeff ,you missed out ,both items looking good on my car in South Africa !!!!!!!!!!!!

hi first post here ,

I need a cylinder Head for a 1929 peerless six cast number on front of head is 18ca . i believe engine code is 18c it is a continental.

post-94428-143141939707_thumb.jpg

Car is in australia and current engine has been remove for overhaul but existing head is useless. can any one help.

hi first post here ,

I need a cylinder Head for a 1929 peerless six cast number on front of head is 18ca . i believe engine code is 18c it is a continental.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]197348[/ATTACH]

Car is in australia and current engine has been remove for overhaul but existing head is useless. can any one help.

Hi Fred, I,m in South Africa and I am using the same engine in my 6/81, cannot help you with that head but I do have another Peerless engine from a 6/80 that is a different Continental model and I think not interchangeable with your engine but it is the right year and might help if you are really stuck. Contact me on petemick@fastmail.fm if you need pictures etc

Saw a '29 Peerless 6-81 on the weekend on the South Coast of New South Wales which needed a new head, see pic

post-52046-143141949487_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Mal, for telling us about the 1929 Peerless you saw on your tour. That makes 4 Peerlesses in Australia which I've heard of: two 1926 6-80s, one 1929 6-81, and a 1930 6-81. ----Jeff

XXXII. Chassis for 1930-32 Peerless Straight 8. About July 30th, I saw an ad on the peerlessmotorcar.com site with a chassis for a large-series Peerless FS. Don't remember if it included an engine.

Following all the money spent on my 6/81,the 18C engine cylinder head has finally given up and I'm told is beyond repair. Can anybody please help or look at Hershey for me? I'll gladly pay whatever is involved

XXXIII. Saw some interesting Peerless items on ebay motors today.

A. a 1916-22 Radiator Shell Emblem, $350.00. Has the blue Peerless script.

B. a 1910s Wooden Peerless Coil Box, $139.

C. a Sales Catalog for the 1908 Peerless, $194.99. The illustrations show Peerlesses at Harvard University. PERFECT for the guy or gal who went to Harvard and wants a Peerless!

D. a NOS Water Pump Shaft Roller Bearing for a 6-70, 6-72 Peerless, 1924-1927, $75.95. Man. by Bower. 1 bearing and outer race.

XXXIV. Someone on e-bay has a large Peerless hubcap, unknown year, FS on ebay at $349.99 right now. Probably from the 1929-1932 period.

XXXV. An original Peerless Eagle Hood Ornament, probably 1927-1929, is for sale on ebay until late 10/31/13. Opening price of $9.50......$20.00 on 10/29......sold for $70.01 on 10/31. Fair condition only.

This is one of the sculptural ones, not a motometer with an eagle motif. Does anyone know if these are cast zinc, iron, or brass under the plating?

XXXVI. A distributor for a 1926-1928 Peerless 6-80 car is for sale on ebay motors right now. Price is about $60.

XXXVII. A really nice-looking item is FS on ebay for 3 more days. It's listed as a Rare Peerless Ignition and Light Switch. I think it's $59.00 and even has a key with it. An oval shape as goes on the dash panel of a 1924 Model 66 or 1927 Model 6-72. It has a Peerless Eagle logo at the top...so it's not from the nearly identical unit on a Packard.

XXXVIII. 1910s-Era Peerless V-8 ENGINE & Transmission For Sale!!!!!!!!!

On e-Bay Motors until 12/23/13. In Middlebury, IN. Lots of Photos.

The brass Engine Serial# Plate shows: 8937. That should make it a Model 56, Series 5 engine. Model 56, Series 1-7 (1916-22) preceded the Model 66 (1923-24). This motor even has the two quad water return pipes with it, plus some extra parts.

XXIX. A 1929-1932 Peerless hub cap is for sale on ebay for about $60. The year & model it fits is unknown to me.