Sign in to follow this  
rivi64

1965 Sea Foam Green

Cadillac made a color in the middle 80s called Black Emerald. Looked black, but the metallic was green and made a very pretty color in the sunlight. Go great with your green interior.

That sounds like it would be pretty cool lookin with a green interior...

Cadillac made a color in the middle 80s called Black Emerald. Looked black, but the metallic was green and made a very pretty color in the sunlight. Go great with your green interior.

That's what I'm looking for . Any pics , Steelman ??

very excited !

If you'll go to Google images and type "black paint with green pearl" in the search window, you can see some pictures of some colors that you might like. One Toyota Matrix was painted black with green pearl in the clear coat. That might be something like you're looking for.

Ed

very excited !

Unfortunately, this is one of many colors that doesn't photograph well. You really need to see it live and in person in the sun. Go to the paint supply house and see if you can find it in the chip book. Go on a sunny day and take the book outside to look at it in the natural light. Good rule for choosing any color. If the book has a big enough chip, you can see what the metallic will do in the sun. Check two or three different paint brands if you can, as colors will vary slightly by manufacturer. Another good rule I have learned the hard way.

very excited !

I made a color like that for my '55. Decided to go a different route, but here's a shot of the model that I tested it out on. The rear is an '03 Chevy Silverado color.

Just go to a good paint store and have them mix up a sample bottle of green pearl in black (either single stage or base) and have them keep track of the ratio of pearl to finish so you can duplicate it in a full gallon or for later touchup. It helps to have a guy at the shop that will take the time.

Good luck.

post-74569-143138681285_thumb.jpg