Sign in to follow this  
Hupp36

1934 Model F Roadster

hello freinds, this is jerry, im a new member, i have been working on my 1934 hupp 3 window coupe model W417 for the past few months now, i have gone all the way to the frame and i am on the way up, i have been talking to hupp 36 on this site, and he is going to call me on some info, if anybody has any info on extra parts at all for my car, and steel parts, or any info on this body type this would be great, my email is serghisje@comcast.net and my number is 732-291-7244

thanks all jerry

hello freinds, this is jerry, im a new member, i have been working on my 1934 hupp 3 window coupe model W417 for the past few months now, i have gone all the way to the frame and i am on the way up, i have been talking to hupp 36 on this site, and he is going to call me on some info, if anybody has any info on extra parts at all for my car, and steel parts, or any info on this body type this would be great, my email is serghisje@comcast.net and my number is 732-291-7244

thanks all jerry

You will probably want to start a new post on the topic of your car. It may get lost in this post.

aaca forum?, i just tryed, thanks for your help

No...try HERE on the right side of the page in the "Hupmobile" forum.

post-37352-143138967107_thumb.jpg

Keiser, I sent Jerry 2 P.M's with the info needed to find parts for his Hupp. Chuck

thanks All, if anywone has first hand parts on a 1934 hupp coupe Model W417 please let me know my number is 732-291-7244 thank you all. jerry

hello, your car looks great, who did you use to find parts, i also have a 1934 hupp 3 window coupe model w417 that needs a lot of parts, thanks jerry

hello, your car looks great, who did you use to find parts, i also have a 1934 hupp 3 window coupe model w417 that needs a lot of parts, thanks jerry
Well I am following another lead on my quest to find the missing back part of my 1933 Model F Roadster. I have been trying to call this gentleman for a year and decided to go old fashion and write him a letter as the phone calls never made it through. The lead is 4 years old so I am not going to get my hopes up to high. If I do not find it in my life time, I have a grandson who will try to finish the job.

Chuck, I think you are going to need to fabricate what you are missing. If you can get detailed pictures from one of the existing cars I know a guy in Conn that could fabricate it perfectly for you. If the door jambs are the same on the other bodies than a parts car would be helpful.

Well its been 3 weeksand no reply from the last lead, I sent this gentleman a SASE and it did not return. Next is a friend in Minn. I know that has what I need , Its just getting him to part with it.This is what makes life interesting and keeps us going.

Making an introduction: Hi, My name is Kevin and I've owned a W-417 for about 10 yrs. I was intrigued with this model because its relation to the Model 40 Ford Series. I've owned several Model 40's of different models, One a being an unrestored Woody Wagon, 2 others being 3 Window Coupes, and the last being a roadster.

I happened upon the knowledge of a Hupp 3W Coupe as a street rod back in the late 80's in a Street Rodder Magazines coverage/feature. This particular W-417 was red, and wore FoMoCo front sheet metal. It was set up as a Hiboy and had a very unique I thought at the time "Hardtop Window Treatment". I learned that this body was so close to a Model 40 3W coupe,that someday I'd have to get one.

Mine came about in a email that my elder brother had sent me. Basically saying "1934 Hupmobile 3W Coupe W-417,looks like a Ford". I remembered seeing that feature in Street Rodder and had my brother contact the owner and seeing it right away. My brother was as intrigued as I, he called me back after taking 35mm pix and I wired him a down to hold the car till I could make the 1000mi round trip to see it for myself.

When I 1st viewed this 34, it was in a house! I couldn't believe it, but it kept the car very well preserved. Upon returning home with the car, I parked between my roadster/coupe and realized what I was really looking at was a combination of 2 of Fords Model 40's and Murray Body Co built units. This happened to be really a cabriolet body with A pillars and using an Extended 3 W coupe roof.

This I felt was very Kool! I feel fortunate that I was able to get it. It awaits a partial restoration of its body and interior.

I have often wondered what a W-417 roadster would be like or even a cabriolet? I really have never seen either in Hupp form. Someone has to build one or the other if not both. I'm glad that I happened upon this post.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUNC5RVM6hfO4R6n5rApBPJPHm2IQN8qUe-8CyKPGEw_G5T2Z5JmqvTg1ceQimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6RjKtSQr7ux4SLbO3RxO-30rATXIy6mQ_arltbREB2MXoxJ9OMtzQdJ8glQ

Edited by Cyclone Kevin (see edit history)

Kevin,

that is cool. You should start your own thread and post more pictures of your car.

Hello, my name is Mike Kilian. I have a 1932 Hupmobile Cabriolet and am looking for parts to restore it. I was wondering how your project was coming along, and if you'd be interested in selling it? email mk@kiliantruckline.com, or by phone at 320-251-4228. Thanks

post-95356-143142056696_thumb.jpg

post-95356-143142056702_thumb.jpg

post-95356-143142056705_thumb.jpg

My friend has a 1934 W417 Model F Roadster three window , two door, rumble seat six cylinder - ( I believe that's right) that has trouble running/overheating. I offered to help. He presented me instructions using a vacuum gage to check/set the timing. Is there a way that the timing can be mechanically set set and does anyone have instructiontions?

Thanks for the help

You can reply to the forum and directly to rcengco@comcast.net please

Just so you understand, you are talking about 2 different car models, the W-417 is a 6 cyl. engine And the model F is an 8 cyl. engine If it is the 6 cyl. which I think it is, may be, can you post on here weather it has had any work on the engine such as some body removing the side plates & cleaning the build of rust & debris that builds up there. Just remember we are talking about an 80 year old engine.There are a lot of factors that can make these cars over heat. Yes you can start with the timing. I do not have my book with me that shows a pic of the timing marks. I will email our Hupp Club tec. advisor on this model & I am sure he has a pic. Other factors, radiator, water pump, carbon build up in head. So if timing does not help, look to the other factors. You may want to start a new thread with the Title 34 Hupp overheating.

Thanks for your reply Hupp36-

Forgive my "newbee..ism" you are indeed correct. I've only had an interest in the Huppmobile for one day trying to get my friends car going and this is my first day on this website/forum and I appreciate everyone's input. It is indeed a W417, three window six. The "Model F" was my interpretation from only 4 or 5 pictures I saw. All the W417's were four doors.

Back to the running/heating problem with additional information. I guess the car runns with the distributor fully "advanced" ? but overheats in this position. When atttempting to dial the timing back using a vacuum gage, the car will not start but will start in the "advanced? " position. The side panels where removed some 20-30 years ago for cleaning. The radiator has been flushed and "adequate" flow was observed last year. Nothing has been done as yet to check the water pump. My thought was to start with a mechanical setting to get the car running and work it out from there. If you can forward those pictures showing the timing marks it would be a great starting place for us. Thanks

Bob rcengco@comcast.net.

I have emailed the tec guy, he will respond to me and I will post back here

I got an email from the tec. guy & his scanner is in his office & he is going to the Bakersfield swap meet & will not be in his office until Monday If you have access to a Motors Manual in the 30's, I believe its in there.

While at Hershey Thursday and Friday helping the club members man the Hupp club booth,We had a chicken barbecue on Friday.After the barbecue, one of our members asked me what I was going to do with my 33 F roadster project. He asked if I would consider selling it to him as he had the parts I was missing and I had the parts he needed to make a complete car. As I was not able to sell the 1929 Hupp A that I had listed, I felt that it was more important to get another Hupp cycle fender roadster back on the road.

We came to an agreement and my wife and I delivered the parts of the car to him. It took 5 days and over 3,000 miles. I am happy to know that Mike will be able to finish the car as he has a good start. Another plus, I get to drive the car when its finished.

Chuck, is this the same Mike that posted the pictures of the roadster project above? Hopefully he will keep us posted on his progress.

Kevin's posting, has posted some photos of his 1934 W coupe, the same as my car, I was hoping to get some larger photos of his car also if he has some extra parts that he may have that may be for sale. thanks jerry 732-241-7212 or email serghisje@Comcast.net thanks again jerry