Another Mouse Problem

Guest Jon A. Robison

Guest Jon A. Robison

Mine is way past the smell part of the problem. I need the red leather seat bottom for a 89 drivers seat. The hungry little devils ate two holes in the seat that are about 4 to 6 inches in the largest dimension. I've read the FAQ on replacing the cover and just need the cover. Again it's the red color!

Guest Kattosha

If the car is in a garage get those sonic repellers...when I am in the garage I unplug them becuase they drive me nuts, but they do keep the rodents away. I am surrounded by cornfields and every winter mice and voles moved into the garage until I got a few of those things...havent had a problem since.

Ok, I wasn't going to post my 2 cents because of all the flack

I'd receive from animal activists and the like, but here goes. Forgot sonic gadgets,unless they've improved over the years, because the industrial units I've tried didn't work. Forget Decon, that's like food, the critters have become immune to it. Yea, smelly oils do deter them, but for how long.

I've had excellent results with the following. Buy the cheapest dry cat food you can find( dollar store) mix with your old antifreeze, which everyone has and allow to sit a few days to absorb into the cat food. Mix periodically to allow everything to blend. Place in aluminum trays and place in various places around your garage, barn, cellar, etc. You may have to replace some as it gets eaten, but soon the trays will no longer need filling, as there will be no more vermin to eat it. Mind you, if you have pets etc. be very careful as they will eat it and suffer the same results. I've used this for several years now and have no damage or intrudence into any of my vehicles. I even got rid of a family of skunks that took up residence in the creek bed next to my house with this mixture. Yes I still put a few traps with peanut butter around just in case, and have gotten a stray mouse or mole, but this stuff works. I'm not sure where they go to die, but from what I can see it's not in any of my vehicles or in my buildings. In fact today I happened to check my sump pump in the basement, and found two old whatever's floating in the pit. I have an old field stone foundation and the mice and moles find it easy access into the house. I place trays of this around the basement an haven't had a problem with vermin in the walls, etc. This mixture may have them seek water, which is why I find them in the water pit.

I'm sure someone will find fault with this, but for me it's cheap and VERY effective

Tom

Guest Jon A. Robison

Hey Guys! I'm not trying to keep them out of the garage, I have a cat that's really good at that, I need the leather seat part!!!!

The forest here has at least three different species of the rodents and they come in for the winter so our cat will have plenty of toys this winter. We have the sonic device and it doesn't do "Blank", poison is out of the question, due to other critters in the house. We use a live trap, took about three dozen out this last spring.

Doesn anybody have even a complete seat?

Edited by Jon A. Robison (see edit history)

Hey Guys! I'm not trying to keep them out of the garage, I have a cat that's really good at that, I need the leather seat part!!!!

The forest here has at least three different species of the rodents and they come in for the winter so our cat will have plenty of toys this winter. We have the sonic device and it doesn't do "Blank", poison is out of the question, due to other critters in the house. We use a live trap, took about three dozen out this last spring.

Doesn anybody have even a complete seat?

Welcome to the forum Jon! To get more responses I recommend posting your request for parts in the Reatta Buy/Sell Forum