Door Warning Light

Guest Steve Rawlinson

Guest Steve Rawlinson

1990 Convert

My left door warning light doesn't work. The bulbs are definatley good

All other courtesy lights are working

I've removed the carpet from the drivers side and re-spliced at least 4 connections that looked corroded within the plastic tray. I've removed the switch that activates all the courtesy lights and it seems OK

Please help !!!!!!

What am I missing ?????

Thanks

Steve

Guest Steve Rawlinson
The connections under the rug on the passenger's side too?
Don' t be a fool as Mr T says .Look for all the connections

No I didn't do the passenger side - Assumed problem would be under drivers side as the problem is in the drivers door.

I was afraid you guys would say that !!

I'll get on it

Thanks

Steve

No I didn't do the passenger side - Assumed problem would be under drivers side as the problem is in the drivers door.

I was afraid you guys would say that !!

I'll get on it

Thanks

Steve

Could you take photos of how you do it. I want to use them in a tutorial on my website to help others who have the same problem.

the power goes to the light via the orange wire, that should have power at all times.

The dark blue wire w/white tracer goes thru C528 connector, then S305 splice, then to Micro relay in trunk (courtesy light relay). If the other side is working that indicates the relay is good.

Check for power coming to the socket, then see is the blue wire goes to ground when the other lights are on.

Edited by Barney Eaton (see edit history)

Guest Mc_Reatta

Doesn't quite work like that Steve. In general, the wires that supply power are under the driver's seat and the ground wires are under the passenger's seat, and you need both sides working.

In your 90 I believe the wire for that lamp ground is one of the dark blue wires with a white stripe.

After you have corrected any and all damaged splices under the seat, check that the light is working again before putting the carpeting back. That's the best time to continue troubling a problem in the path from there back into the door in case a wire is broken where it passes thru the bundle from the body into the door.

Hopefully you will solve your problem by repairing the splices on the floor.