Lost in the Desert

Guest carlbraun

Guest carlbraun
Cool picture...small emblem car? Ship it to the midwest, I`ll make a car from it!

Tom Mooney

The car is a large emblem GS as it was built the 2nd week of February. The car is fairly straight with the exception of a small rust blister on the driver's floor. I couldnt get into the trunk but it looked great from under the car.

THe original posi was there as is most of the exterior trim including the lower rocker ribbed trim pieces. THe original LOF date coded glass is in the car and the wheels appear to be date code correct. Tough to get under the car as the tires were pretty flat but I could see a complete exhaust (non stock) system. The owner also has a pretty nice rear bumper and a re-chromed front bumper set and a set of California black plates too.

LOTS of ugly maroon paint on this car but peeking down under the rockers you can see nice Champagne Gold paint (code T),

Anyone can PM me for more info, pics and phone number of seller.

65RivCabazon003.jpg

OK Riviera People: I spoke to the gentleman who's selling the car. No motor or transmission, rough custom interior, laying in the field for quite some time. Asking $2200. Perhaps Mario from Rancho Cucumonga might want it? Maybe in 10 years it might be worth putting together, just not now. Mitch

• 3 months later...
Guest carlbraun

I dont think the car was sold. When I met with the owner to look over the car he was convinced he was "giving the car away" at $2200.

This would be a great car if someone in the midwest needed a donor body for a rusted out GS car. It would be a good buy if it had a BS code transmission or ANY paperwork on the car but no dice.

If you factor in the parts that are with the car it may be worth $1500. He said he would keep it and restore it himself rather than sell it for that cheap....yeah, OK...I've heard that before.

Guest onedesertdog
I dont think the car was sold. When I met with the owner to look over the car he was convinced he was "giving the car away" at $2200.

This would be a great car if someone in the midwest needed a donor body for a rusted out GS car. It would be a good buy if it had a BS code transmission or ANY paperwork on the car but no dice.

If you factor in the parts that are with the car it may be worth $1500. He said he would keep it and restore it himself rather than sell it for that cheap....yeah, OK...I've heard that before.

That sounds like Deja Vu, all over again.

The feeling you've heard this Moo before.:D