Interior Sun Visors 41 Continental

Michael L.

Michael, since the coupe windshield is 2" taller than the cabriolet windshield the coupe visor is taller than the cabriolet. 41 body parts book shows a separate visor part number for 16H-56 and separate visor part number for 16H-57. The cabriolet visors were almost all leather covered, whereas the coupes were also covered in broadcloth to match their interiors. Some coupe visors were fully covered in matching interior leathers. A cabriolet visor would not be much of a sun blocker covering a coupe windshield.

Mike, you might contact Vinyl Specialites in New York. They just redid the visors for my '48 coupe and they did a great job at a very reasonable price. cutting your's down should be no problem and they will cover them with any material you want. In my case I supplied them with some of the headlining material I used. Vinyl Specialties - Restoration Page

Speaking of sun visors, I believe that my 1941 Continental Cabriolet is about 90% original. However, the interior was re-upholstered in vinyl many years ago. Fortunately the correct pattern and color for the seats and door panels was used and it passes for original to the casual observer.

However, the drivers sun visor hits the rear view mirror when it's turned down. Could this be an ergonomic flaw, or did somebody screw up in the past 70 years?

Ergonomics were obviously not a top priority in 1941!

post-31768-143138662964_thumb.jpg