Hemmings Muscle Machine of The Year 2011

Guest davebw31

Guest davebw31

OK, this has really blown me away! I just got an e-mail a few days ago that I am a finalst for the Hemmings Muscle Machines Car of the Year Award for 2011!!!!

WoW is this for real or what. I am so humbled to recieve such aknowledgement for this car! It has really been........... what can I say, but unbelieveable the reconignition for the Olds marque and the level of restoration of this car. I am just speechless. ( I know, me speechless?), I am sooooo humbled......................

Thank you so much for the people who helped me, contributed items or sold me parts at a resonable price to help me complete this restoration and make it look, "like it was just delivered to a dealership". Thank you Bob and Carlos at CarShine Restorations, Olds guru Joe C. in Huston, TX, my best bud Bruce, and the others who know who you are, who helped me, and sent me free items to make this restoration what it is!

Gezzzzzzs I never thought this would happen, even if I do not recieve the votes to win, just being a finalist is a winner!

Thank you all,

dave b.

PS: if you would like to vote for me, thanks if you do!

Try this place ! http://www.hemmings.com/mmoy/

Great car Dave!:) W-31 350 Olds and Pontiac Tempest, LeMans, and Tempest Customs with 350 H-O's are few and far between.;)) I love the Rambler with the Olds tach!!:rolleyes:

Don

Guest davebw31

bee-o-pee: Yes the Rallye 350 only had the standard production 310 hp 4 Bbl engine. There were no Rallye 350 s made or sold with the W-31 special built engine. As a matter of fact the "Rallye 350 W-45 Warehouse Order Form" was pre-checked off in certain boxes that were mandatory for the Rally 350 model (W-45 option) and there was no other engine available, but the standard 310 hp engine!

The only thing special was that engineering made a production change for those engines going in to a W-45 Rallye 350 were to have the 442 stick shift cam (.274*/.272* duration, .472" lift) cam installed to give the Rallye 350 a little bit of a "lope" at idle. On the dyno it added 5 more hp or 315 hp. It still was listed in sales info as 310 hp though!

Edited by davebw31 (see edit history)