Replacing vent window seals

Rosiesdad

Hi all, I searched all the forums but find no info on replacing the vent window rubber on my '50 convertible. I have the assy. out and either I have to drill out the single top rivet or several bottom rivets holding the pivoting glass frame. The rivets at the bottom pivot are UNDER the rubber I am trying to replace! This looks to be a real challange to do. Anyone done this? The top rivet looks "Special" so not sure I should remove it although assembly would be easier if I could.

Thanks,

Phil

Aaron

I bought vent window seals for my 45R. I replaced them on my 48 Sedanet but the hardtop set up looks more complicated. The seals came with a bunch of screws to replace rivets along the top of the frame.

From your post above, I infer that the entire vent assembly needs to be removed. Then the glass window is removed by pulling down on the glass frame to free it from the top pivot. Is this correct?

Any other hints you can send to me would be appreciated. I have copies of the relevant parts of the shop manual and some other illustrations I acquired.

Thanks.

Joe, BCA 33493

Aaron

I bought vent window seals for my 45R. I replaced them on my 48 Sedanet but the hardtop set up looks more complicated. The seals came with a bunch of screws to replace rivets along the top of the frame.

From your post above, I infer that the entire vent assembly needs to be removed. Then the glass window is removed by pulling down on the glass frame to free it from the top pivot. Is this correct?

Any other hints you can send to me would be appreciated. I have copies of the relevant parts of the shop manual and some other illustrations I acquired.

Thanks.

Joe, BCA 33493

That's correct Joe. Honestly, I don't remember what I did about the rivets...I did that job as the car was being painted, so it was one of about a million tasks I was finishing to get the car reassembled.