9-11-01

dbirchmire

In spite of it, we still have a great deal of freedom. In our case, we have the freedom to own and enjoy our old cars, which the average citizen of the source of 9/11 does not.

Remember it always, never forget what was done to us in the name of fundamentalist extremism, where freedom is viewed as heresy and revenge and murder are viewed as a way to heaven.

I was on the history Chanel this am,so much footage i did not see.I hope everyone is safe and sound,God bless this great country

I've been watching the History Channel since I got up at 7:30 this morning. They have had several different specials on all day which all relate to 9-11.

On another note, in October 2001 my wife and I bought a new 2002 PT Cruiser. After several months we weren't too happy with it for a number of reasons and were thinking of getting rid of it. I was perusing a PT Cruiser web site one night and saw how to read the data plate regarding when the car was built. You guessed it-the vehicle was built on 9-11-01. That was the last reason I needed and the next week (in August 2002) we traded it straight across for a 2000 Honda Insight (the first hybrid) with less than 6K miles on it which my wife is still driving. I don't know if the car was jinxed or not but if she had been in a serious accident with it I wouldn't have been able to forgive myself....

One more thing... GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

I recall unexpectedly watching the 2nd plane hit and the poor souls who jumped were too easy too see on a 20 foot projection TV with surround sound in the main meeting room where I worked. After that, most of us moved to the bank of SMALL TVs in the workout rooms to follow the events.

I hung a flag in the window of my office. The ignorant woman tyrant who was the manager of the building deemed it to be against the company policy (owned the building, NOT the Co. I worked at) to have any window coverings and demanded I take it down. Long story... short. Several newspaper articles from here and suprisingly one in Sweden, she was fired within days. The owner of the LARGE company that owned hundreds of office buildings and who's own office faced the Pentagon where he saw the plane hit personally called me to apologize.

The next morning I received an overnight package from him. It was THE flag that was flown on THE capitol building the day before! (Oct 18th not 9-11-01) WOW! This is not one of the dozens that fly over it everyday that are up for several seconds and then sent off by request, it was THE flag flown on the Capitol. I take it out only on 9-11 as I did my 30 star (1848) but it is very fragile so I keep it stored properly and rarely take it out.

My brother lost 6 of 7 fellow employees of the company he did freelance photography for. He was OK as he was on another shoot someplace else.

May all those innocent victims rest in peace.

I stopped at the local Car Quest that friends of mine owned ten years ago. The owner, Bill, had a TV behind the counter and said, "Come here Davey, Look at this. We are under Attack." I forgot what I needed and just watched for a while in shock. I went back home and told the gang to turn on the TV. The jet trails from the planes could still be seen over my dads farm in Hillsdale NY. I could still see where the planes turned toward the city as the jet trails hung over the area for a long while that day. For hours after the damage was done. Dandy Dave!

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)

Guest YellowBird

we traded it straight across for a 2000 Honda Insight

One more thing... GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

Several different words jumped out at me when reading your post and they jumbled in my mind with another infamous date 70 years ago this December.

your Honda may have been assembled here in the U.S. but the money goes back overseas to the foreign-owned parent company

We need to do more to help OUR country recover from this current economic crisis, including BUY FROM AMERICAN-OWNED car & other companies

If a US company would build a car that gets 70 mpg like the Insight (which was built in Japan) does then we would buy it. The PT Cruiser was built in Mexico. Besides the Honda we own a 2005 Explorer, 1995 F-150, 1972 F-350 and 1961 Mercury so we own plenty of US built vehicles, unlike many Americans who don't own ANY so go hassle someone else.... :mad: :confused: :mad: :confused: :mad: :confused:

In light of what happened to us ten years ago, and the personal stories Dandy Dave and John have shared with us, can we please keep our pissing matches to PM's.

I was in the WTC roughly two weeks before 9/11 and it's still surreal knowing I was there that close. I did not know anyone who died in the attacks, but friends in NJ saw the whole thing from across the river. These folks are normally very calm, cool, collected but when I called to check on them they were frantic.

I just realised yesterday that I have not been to the City since then.

The local symphony orchestra and chorale performed the Mozart Requiem yesterday afternoon at my church as part of the "Worldwide Rolling Requiem". Very moving piece sung in Latin, but the English translation made it clear this was a very appropriate piece for this anniversary.

2.977 innocent people were killed simply for going about their daily lives, to satisfy a monstrous mythology.