Sign in to follow this  
cargeek2014

*sigh* Need a little help here. . .

Well. . . I feel as if I've posted a lot lately, and here's another one. My sister is looking for a car, but is having trouble finding one. But, there are a couple problems: A) She's hoping for one around the northern Indiana area, or just Indiana in general. B) She only has a couple hundred dollars to spend. If someones got one out there they're looking to get rid of/sell, I'd be grateful. If you're looking to get rid of one, but it needs work, it would work also. I don't like asking this, and I know this is a tall order, but if at all possible, my sister and I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks. . .

Zachary

Zachary,

i suspect the reason you have not gotten a response is that "a couple hundred bucks" is no longer within reason for a decent used car. Junk cars are worth 250 to 350 salvage. Noboby really wants to be responsible for steering your sister to a possible P.O.S. ( piece of sh**). Unless somebody is feeling altruistic, I expect your query will go unanswered.

Kelly

Mortsciguy is right. My 1994 Olds blew its engine last night and the local junkyards will pay $400 for the car with free towing. I thought it would bring $150 max.

Having said that, how much would a collectible car from the '80s bring? More than I had previously thought. Cars always cost more than you want to spend.

Your sister needs to raise her sights. She should allocate about a $1000 for the car and at least another $500 for immediate parts and repair. Then she would have a chance at getting something.