TOLLS - PULLING A TRAILER

Marty Roth

I've learned more than I expected.

In Pennsylvania travelling from Somerset (south of Johnstown) to the western terminus with an enclosed 2-axle trailer:

Cash amount is $10.70 / EZ Pass amount $9.95 - Saves $0.75 (75 cents)

Driving the entire length of the Indiana Toll Road from Ohio to Illinois:

Cash amount is $23.80 / EZ Pass amount $23.76 - Saves $0.04 (4 cents)

Ohio seems better - the entire length of the Ohio Turnpike East to West with trailer:

Cash amount is $35.00 / EZ Pass amount $27.00 - saves $8.00 (8 dollars)

Illinois / Chicago area from Indiana border to the Oak Brook Meet (with trailer) at daytime rates (nighttime rates with EZ Pass are lower):

Same price with or without EZ Pass

Thanks to all

PS: Paul - wish we were going to the Glidden - Dale cannot get approved leave - she is sooo ready to retire (mid-February) - enjoy for us, and regards to Inge

Heck, Marty, wish I'd seen this thread sooner, I would have kept a record....I just drove from Winchester to the ACD meet in Auburn, using the toll road turnpikes. Your numbers sound close, although heading East yesterday the toll through Ohio was $30 (pulling my trailer, two axle).

I can tell you that parts of the road are under construction, and parts are rougher than a cob......anything loose in your truck will be bouncing around, particularly on the Pennsylvania turnpike.

There's a lot of construction, and there'll probably be backups heading West.

I was somewhat lucky in that I went out last Thursday, and came home yesterday (Sunday), so missed some of the Friday/Monday traffic.

Have fun!!