Select 60...for sale??

Bushwack

my goal is to have a select60 and the TLC means little to me but getting it back to NC would be different

If you don't get it, I might.. that's a deal.. and it's a Select Sixty for sure.. down to the pinstripe delete.

Open transport would probably only be about $600. But that's delivered to Raleigh..

Raleigh is a more major stop for a lot of auto transport companies than New Bern is.

That's an extremely good buy. Someone should snap it up before they figure out what they have. That car is a minimum of $ 5000 underpriced.

Two of the parts that are very hard to find are the drivers seat and drivers door panel and they look good in the picture.

Recian, pay the shipping an buy the car.

trust me id give everything i have for that car. ive got a new tranny and soon a good engine for it too. problem is the bank doesnt think that way they wont loan me the money to buy it ship it and title it

CarFax looks good but no record since 1995. Seems to be a Texas car which would mean no paint or rust.

Might call and find out what the issues are, have seen worse that I have driven home (once from OK that I had not driven before I bought it.

Unfortunately I have a surplus of convertibles at the moment.

Jim,

You are right the guy doesn't know what he has. He bought it from a new car dealer who had taken it in on a trade. He says the interior is good, no rips just needs to be cleaned up.

The car is a non runner [about 2 years] and had to be towed from the new dealer yard to his shop. He will start next week on fixing it then researching the car. He said the $2495.00 is the "as is" price. The price will go up from there, based on what it takes and what he finds out about the car.

Jim,

You are right the guy doesn't know what he has. He bought it from a new car dealer who had taken it in on a trade. He says the interior is good, no rips just needs to be cleaned up.

The car is a non runner [about 2 years] and had to be towed from the new dealer yard to his shop. He will start next week on fixing it then researching the car. He said the $2495.00 is the "as is" price. The price will go up from there, based on what it takes and what he finds out about the car.

I got the same response.. I need to get down there before he finds out what he's got..

OK better english. Offer to purchase it with a charge card [Master Card, Visa, etc.] I did it once. A purchase of $2495.00 isn't too much of a hit to the seller, [better then discounting the purchase price of the car].

This way the car is sold, the guy has his money and you have time to make arrangements. I bought a Roadmaster about 8 years ago from a dealer in Arizona with a charge card.

OK better english. Offer to purchase it with a charge card [Master Card, Visa, etc.] I did it once. A purchase of $2495.00 isn't too much of a hit to the seller, [better then discounting the purchase price of the car].

This way the car is sold, the guy has his money and you have time to make arrangements. I bought a Roadmaster about 8 years ago from a dealer in Arizona with a charge card.

So I could use my debit card (don't have a credit card)?

I'm a little doubtful of buying the car sight unseen.. but perhaps since it's $2500, and a SS, I just shouldn't complain..

Would bet it needs a fuel pump, has anyone tried just replacing the fuel filter with an inline pump to "get home" ?

Should be ready to add tires and battery on site. No Big.

"Non runner" is a bit of a gamble, have bought before but went with Van and tow dolly.

Edited by padgett (see edit history)

Let's see... you want the car. It's half the country away from N.C. and it doesn't run. If you wait till he figures out what he has and replaces the crank sensor or fuel pump the price doubles or more. Buy the car for $2495.00 [use someone in your family's charge card] tell the guy you will pay $100.00 for diagnostic work, and let him tell you what is wrong. If it is either of the afore mentioned issues he can fix it for less then $400.00 more. Then instead of paying some one to trailer it back, you can jump a flight and drive it back. Trailering is a lot more $ then paying him to fix it and jumping a flight.

I would do it but I don't like verts at any price [had three. we have maybe 4 weeks that are great vert weather]. And I am really not into buying and then selling cars. I buy 'em and drive 'em. Yes even Reattas and all year 'round at that... Well, one for summer and one for winter.

Guest Richard D

I just talked to the salesman. He bought the Reatta and the 83 SL-500 next to it from a dealer, both cars have sat for over two years. He has about 12 to14 cars for his mechanic to check out before he looks at the Reatta. He asked me if it was a select 60 and I told him I don't think they made any select 60 verts in 1991, I think I sounded believeable. It may be a high mileage car by the chips and gravel marks on the front. A bit far from Miami, but boy I love the white and flame red combo.

Richard

Price just went up $1,000 within the past 24 hours to $3,495.00.

The more people inquire, higher the asking price will be. As my dear momma would say (as if!), if you're seriously interested, either take a dump or get off the pot. :)

this isnt a gamble. It's a potentially $25000 car that only 60-70 were made that is impossible to find cosmetic parts for. It' a treasure in my opinion running or not

I have tracked the Select 60 cars for a number of years and of the 65 made only one is not accounted for-turned up salvage after a hurricane in Houston in 1999. This is it-which means all 65 cars are still around and now accounted for. 100% survival rate after 21 years!

I have tracked the Select 60 cars for a number of years and of the 65 made only one is not accounted for-turned up salvage after a hurricane in Houston in 1999. This is it-which means all 65 cars are still around and now accounted for. 100% survival rate after 21 years!

If this is true (and I have no reason for doubt), shouldn't Carfax classify this as a salvaged car?

The seller call me today while I was in "the big city" . Just got off the phone with Brandon Hudson. The car is not sold, I am sure they pulled it because of all the activity.

He said they normally have 3-5 calls on a car during the time it is posted and he said this cars keeps the phone ringing.

We may be our own worst enemy..... I show the car in 2002 with 37,000 miles that was probably sent to me by Stan Leslie back in mid 2000. Brandon said someone traded several (unusuall cars) in at a local Cadillac dealer. He thinks it may be relatives of a collector that died. He is going to run a Texas title search to find the previous owners.

That should be of some interest to anyone looking at the car.

I did a quick look at the pictures and have not read all the comments above so I am probably repeating what has already been observed. Both the front and rear rub strip seems to be peeling black paint. The passanger side headlight door is out of adjustment. There appears to be paint flaking or chips on the steering wheel around the airbag.

However, the drivers door looks great except for the missing carpet panel.

Brandon also said there was not owners manual with the car, he was looking while we were talking and he did not find a "portfolio"

This is probably a great buy now, depending on how much they try and raise the price, it still may be a good buy. Tom's comments on hurricane damage and the bumper strips could be from that or another accident. I would look at the car but I am 3 hours from Houston.

I might consider making the trip for someone serious about the car if they compensate me for gas and food.

Just 1,000 miles from here - when I picked up the Judge in Joplin MO, I left after work on Friday, was in Joplin by noon on Saturday and back in Orlando by 10 am on Sunday. And we had the 55 mph speed limit then.

rig3.jpg

If I didn't have too many 'verts already (and we have nine glorious months in Florida of 'vert weather which starts in about three weeks ), I'd be tempted.

"'If this is true (and I have no reason for doubt), shouldn't Carfax classify this as a salvaged car?"

'

I have a 93 Lincoln Mark VIII with a salvage title I purchased from the salvage pool and fixed myself back in 93-also the first year for salvage titles in Mass. Has a clean carfax.

On the last cars I bought [2 from Az, 1 from Fl, 1 from Ok.] I fly down, buy the cars head out for home. Stop once as I head out of town to fill up on fuel and buy a bottle of water and a jar of nuts. Only stops are to refill on the gas, at that time fill up the water bottle, go to the bathroom, and maybe another jar of nuts. Drive as far as I can till I am to tired to drive straight, stop at a truck stop to sleep, refill on gas when I wake up, toilet and continue. Best time was Phoenix to Appleton in 24 hours. One fast food meal...

Guest steveskyhawk

In June of this year I drove from Sonoma, CA to Daytona Beach, FL, non stop in 53 hours. This was a "team" effort of course, with state of the art equipment. I am an old f**t too. Some things you never forget how to do.

FWIW. I'm not sure where the "historians" are getting data on the current condition/location/status of Select 60s or any Reatta for that matter. I have 3 Reatta convertibles. The unverified data base that barney keeps has one of my cars in the wrong state and another isn't listed at all. Not even a vin number. Inaccurate and incomplete data is worthless in generating statistics. So good luck with that project. I'm just sayin'.

Please guys; in the future if a special car like this pops up for sale do one of two things. (A) Go and buy the car or (B) Remain silent about the cars condition, history etc. The phone calls to the dealer from the "non buyers" in this case and speculation about water damage have truly poisoned the well.

Please guys; in the future if a special car like this pops up for sale do one of two things. (A) Go and buy the car or (B) Remain silent about the cars condition, history etc. The phone calls to the dealer from the "non buyers" in this case and speculation about water damage have truly poisoned the well.

Agreed.. I've been trying my hardest to buy this car, but it's become extremely difficult now..

I called the seller today to check on the status of this car. They said it is running and scheduled to go to the body shop to repaint the front and rear rub strips which show peeling paint in the Craigs list photos.

Tom..... where did you find the info on the 1999 hurricane damage?

It will be interesting to see what they list the car for after being cleaned up.

I called the seller today to check on the status of this car. They said it is running and scheduled to go to the body shop to repaint the front and rear rub strips which show peeling paint in the Craigs list photos.

Tom..... where did you find the info on the 1999 hurricane damage?

It will be interesting to see what they list the car for after being cleaned up.

I had someone go over to look and it, and offer to by it for me. He offered him cash on the spot. He refused it because "All the guys from the Reatta club kept calling him and telling him it was worth $15,000".

It will go on eBay in the next few weeks with a starting bid of $9,500..

I tried..

I had someone go over to look and it, and offer to by it for me. He offered him cash on the spot. He refused it because "All the guys from the Reatta club kept calling him and telling him it was worth $15,000".

It will go on eBay in the next few weeks with a starting bid of $9,500..

I tried..

Marck.... Were you able to get an odometer read?