Brennan Motor Original part models for production

Guest Wheelsofdreams

Guest Wheelsofdreams

I recently acquired the original wood models for the casting of a 1904 Brennan motor, as well as other years. These were found in a basement on Long Island , the owner of which lived in Syracuse in the 1950’s and has had them in boxes ever since. Some in excellent condition others show some problems, all of them obviously used at the factory. These were used to do sand casting of parts. Included are original part molds for exhaust, cams, piston housings, fly wheels, etc. I also have a cast oil pan in new never used condition. I was wondering what to do with these items and if anybody would know, or have interest. There must be 200 parts, have not inventoried yet. Thank you for any help with this project.

Guest noncompos

While early car and marine engines are generally ourside my present interest, I'd assumed Brennan was an early producer, and had a larger presence in the marine field, as mentioned in the Brennan car thread.

Wiki, of all places, has a nice writeup on Brennan, saying they produced in the marine field for many years. I assume (again, perhaps wrongly) that they were a small specialty producer since they don't appear in the marine engine listings in my old parts catalogs. Parts companies often didn't catalog parts for specialty engines, altho they were often available on special order.

Do you know how many different engines your forms are for, and whether they're all 2Cyl or some for the later 4's??