Inspired by a historic, 1948 Buick photo . . . we shot some new ones!

Centurion

Last Sunday, I organized an event for owners of 1959 General Motors passenger cars in my area. We called it:

"Imagination in Motion" -- the GM Five for '59

At the tour conclusion, some of us traveled to the 1948-vintage Mueller-Harkins Buick building, which is sadly falling into a state of disrepair.

Remembering this 1948 image of the building's ramps to service areas and roof-top parking, I thought it would be fun to shoot some of our own photos.

mueller-harkins_1948_original.jpg

So, with a group of four 1959 Buicks and Karen Bernard's willingness to back up the steep ramp with her beautiful, all-original LeSabre, we created the following fun photos.

buquik-fisher-tcloa-fadssmall_original.jpg

m-h1small_original.jpg

m-h2small_original.jpg

Guest TheDude

Not to outdo Bob, but I worked on this for the past two nights (not all night, just an hour each night). I thought you might want to see those cars transported back to the original dealership.

post-42263-143138649886_thumb.jpg

stealthbod and The Dude, these look great! Thanks so much for investing the time to add a cool historic appearance to the image.

You are right, Bob, those ramps are steep, so it was a little risky to trust the parking brakes and park position to hold these cars in place.