Two Tars Wreck Cars

Guest Mochet

Guest 89 Maui

Thanks for the great video. It reminds me of my childhood when my father was a Buick mechanic and he would take me with him on Saturdays. But my most favorable memory was sitting in a Buick 2 seater concept car called "The Wildcat". The sister concept car was by Oldsmobile which sold at Barrett Jackson for $2,ooo,0oo acouple of years ago.

Guest Mochet

One guy asked "How many antique cars did they wreck in this film?" The answer, of course, is "none." The film was made in 1928!

Phil

Guest Mochet

I found it on the Model T Ford Club Forum. Model T guys love Laurel & Hardy, even though their car rarely survives a movie.

Phil

Guest De Soto Frank

I wonder how many Model T Fords made their final sacrifice for the Hal Roach Studios ?

My favorite Laurel & Hardy car-short is "Hog Wild", involving Stan's Model T touring, Ollie, a ladder, and a couple of Los Angeles streetcars...

Guest De Soto Frank

At 13:07 thru 13:17, note the car in the lower left of the frame: see the flag-holder & flags attached to the radiator filler ?

Guest De Soto Frank

I'm not certain, but I think the big fellow in the Buick roadster immediately behind The Boys is Edgar Kennedy, frequent foil for L&H... usually played a cop.