1962 Olds Super88

Guest stude62

Guest stude62

This past week I bought a 1962 Oldsmobile Super 88 Celebrity Sedan. It isn't my first choice, but given the low mileage, the price and the condition, buying it was a no brainer. It's sweet.

The car is in very good original condition with 24,000 miles. Outside has a small bit of body work needed by the passenger side tail light, and some surface rust under the chrome bar between the tailights, other than that the body is good. The inside is original and amazing.

My last car was a 1963 Studebaker Lark, so this vehicle is a huge step up for us. This car drives like a dream compared to the Stude, which blew out my rotator cuffs with the manual steering. This car turns with the touch of a finger. Sweet!

Now with the Studebaker club it was relativly easy to find supporting documentation for the Lark. Is this case with Olds?

We get the car on Tuesday and am looking forward to a couple months with it before winter storage season!

Welcome to the Olds family! I am sure, over time, you will find most of what you want/need without too much trouble. I do recommend you join the 2 national Olds organizations: National Antique Oldsmobile Club and the Oldsmobile Club of America. They represent great resources.

Can't beat the 394 engine, in my opinion.