Golf Cart Rental @ Hershey?

Chris Coon

I guess the handicapped placard is the key. Without one you have to park the cart at the entrance. I had a friend who was in bad shape last year but not handicapped. I shared the rent on the cart with him and we learned the rule.

I didn't have a problem with it. He is still grumbling.

I'm wearing a white hat here and trying to help.

Bernie

Folks on carts are supposed to have a handicapped tag in the flea market fields. Has your friend looked into getting one?

The show field is proabably a different story as visitors come to see the cars and don't have to register to do so.

Your best bet is to contact the Hershey Region and get the official word from them.

Edited by Shop Rat (see edit history)

Rental folks are nice but scooters are expensive if you need one for the whole meet

Getting your own scooter approved isn't a problem. Next time that's what I think I'd do. You can find scooters at thrift stores and you'd come out money ahead

I am afraid that Hershey is going to be wet. Thank god it's paved!!

Scooter is better than a golf cart ...... your not in anyones way and there isn't the problem of those non-handicapped tempted to ride along

Most folks are kind and ''give way'' buut be careful as some people are so busy buying or selling they just dont see you.

Your friend needs to be defensive driver.

I'm sure you'll have a good time......

RU22 has a good piont that many carts and scooters are very quiet . So it is a good idea to tie a can, or something that will make noise, so that it will drag at least a little as a warning to others that you are nearby.

Remember also that riding a bike is not permitted in the flea market areas or on the show field. Neither are roller skates/roller blades or skateboards so please don't bring them to those areas. I personally have been nearly run down by bikes riden by adults and kids with skateboards over the past several years. The Hershey Region folks try to keep an eye out for those breaking these rules but they can't be everywhere at once.