just bought 1917 Maxwell vin 166223

Guest skowalski

Guest skowalski

Trying to get it running. Ran 3 years ago.

Tank was already drained of fuel. Do not have 6v at distributor. Any suggestions?

I may need the following parts too:

The fuse box block is corroded and would be nice to change out. Where can I get the parts?

Does this year have a fuel gauge? Mine has one. The manual does not show a fuel gauge. Mine is behind the steering wheel and in need of replacement. It would be nice to change out. Where can I get the parts?

Guest skowalski

Dennis,

Thank for your help regarding my Maxwell. You responded to my post within 15 minutes and sent me in the correct direction.

I had no idea the Maxwell needed a key.

We have a local locksmith touting over 100 years of service! They found a key! Amazing. I realize a butter knife could have been fashioned in short order, but the real thing is better.

I am forever indebted to you.

Thanks again!

Glad to help Stanley. When you use the key push it in slightly and twist 1/4 turn to the right and if your switch back isn't warped it should send power to that lower left terminal and on to the coil. If not call me as there might be one other possibility why it isn't working.

Howard Dennis

• 1 month later...

Hi Stan, although I am only 45 I have been around the old car hobby since the late 60's. I "found" you car while at WNEC in the mid 80's but didn't have the money to purchase it. There were several other cars in the barn/garage at the same time. I also remember a 20's Dodge roadster among others. I will give you a call tomorrow, if you are too busy during the day, just email me a good time for you. Ed Minnie Class of 89.

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 years later...