Now i've seen everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest steveskyhawk

Guest steveskyhawk

los angeles craigslist > long beach / 562 > for sale / wanted > cars & trucks - by owner

please flag with care: [?]

miscategorized

prohibited

spam/overpost

best of craigslist

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info

89 buick reatta - $3750 (norwalk)

<HR>Date: 2011-08-20, 10:50AM PDT

Reply to: sale-ps5yv-2556963175@craigslist.org <SUP>[Errors when replying to ads?]</SUP>

<HR>

Automatic

Clean title

48942miles

Superlowmiles

Not salvage

3.8 v6

Has minor crack on bumber front

Runs great

$3800obo

(562)777-6409<!-- START CLTAGS -->

• <!-- CLTAG GeographicArea=norwalk -->Location: norwalk
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

<!-- END CLTAGS --><TABLE summary="craigslist hosted images"><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>3ma3pe3o45Y45Z15W3b8k0f92679bd658145d.jpg</TD><TD align=middle>3n63k03l75O05W35R4b8k1d9634a4315415c5.jpg</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>3k13p43o95O15Y65U1b8kdccd952b02411e9b.jpg</TD><TD align=middle>3kf3m93l95V25Q05X0b8k6bf0d62b831811c3.jpg</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

PostingID: 2556963175

3n63k03l75O05W35R4b8k1d9634a4315415c5.jpg

Guest Recian

buick le sabre front end on a reatta... fascinating ugly and interesting all at the same time. I saw a 97 mitsubishi eclipse today with a 92-02 style Supra rear end (the really popular style)

Le Reatta. Heh, still better than Le Car (by Renault). Remember those? What a rolling trash can.

The question is, if someone had the time and determination to to this, why not just track down the correct body panels and do it right? Really now, the stuff isn't that hard to find. Guessing that the person who did the face transplant had the other car at their immediate disposal so just used what they had.

I wonder if the stereo has a tape of "One Piece at a Time" by Johnny Cash in it.

KDirk

Two things come immediatly to mind.

1] What else have you "customized"?

2] No more headlight issues.

I spoke to Dave the designer of the Reatta when I was in Flint for the Buick National convention a few years ago and I asked him why they didn't go with a more traditional headlight setup instead of the pop up headlights. He said it just didn't look right and didn't keep with what the car should should be.

Now I understand...

Guest steveskyhawk

Dave is right. There were only 4 Polo Green 1991 Reatta Convertibles built so the odds he would see one are remote.

Guest Road mister

It's like a train wreck, horrible, but you have to look.

What do you think, stacks of washers & shims to make it work?

Guest steveskyhawk

If a guy in Norwalk California can put a Le Saber front clip on an 89 Reatta is it so hard to believe that our beloved Craft Centre could have popped out 4 green Convertibles? They were making Convertibles and were painting cars green concurrently. Mike and I both have spoken to different people that have seen them.

Digital photography didn't exist when they were new. Honestly they may not have been a big deal when they were new and currently sit and collect dust in grandpa's garage somewhere.

Guest AlexWeber

Wow and the front end swap is not mentioned anywhere in the description. I wonder if some dumb chump is going to buy this and think that's what Reattas are supposed to look like.

There is a Polo Green Cad in my neighborhood and while it is a nice green, I can see why it was not popular. Had a number of green cars in my yout, all special ordered with saddle interiors but somehow, on the big Cadillac it just feels rong.

If a guy in Norwalk California can put a Le Saber front clip on an 89 Reatta is it so hard to believe that our beloved Craft Centre could have popped out 4 green Convertibles? They were making Convertibles and were painting cars green concurrently. Mike and I both have spoken to different people that have seen them.

Digital photography didn't exist when they were new. Honestly they may not have been a big deal when they were new and currently sit and collect dust in grandpa's garage somewhere.

Yep right next to his herd of unicorns...

Guest steveskyhawk

Padgett makes a good point. If we rewind back to 1991 and imagine being in the Buick dealership with the means to actually buy a car that was priced upward of 35K; would we have chosen Polo Green/Medium Beechwood over the other available color combinations? Given the choice I probably would have chosen Black/Grey. With so few available did the customers that actually purchased 1991 Reatta Convertibles ever even see a Polo Green convertible? Remember that one went to MSU so that left 3 at most to be divided among the rest of the country. I talked to a person that purchased a new Reatta Convertible in 1991 and he said that there were two on the showroom floor. The one he didn't buy was a Polo Green 1991 Reatta Convertible. He went on to say that he thought he knew where the woman lived that actually purchased the green convertible. I believe him.

Guest Kingsley

Hmmmm ... I thought the Forum criteria had been set so that, in order to keep posts meaningful, that references to people who had been "spoken" to or "been told by" were to be accompanied by factual names. Has this been changed? Perhaps I have missed something.