Soft top care

Guest My TC Toy

Guest My TC Toy

I do not know if the TC'c have a Haartz top or just a generic fabric top. However it seems to me that certain maintenance is required, other than regular cleaning. I checked with my local Chrysler dealer and they tell me that Chrysler has no such product available.

One suggestion, made to me, was to check with a local parts store or top installer. The only problem with that suggestion is they may have a product to sell, but it may or may not be harmful to the top over time, or may be simply useless at a cost, after all they are retailers and are interested in selling their products.

Has anyone here ever seen or received any information from cloth top manufacturer that recommended any product to be used other than regular cleaning? I would have more faith in the manufacturers answer.

303 Aerospace Products makes an awesome cleaner and protectant for fabric soft tops. I use both on my Sebring Cvt top with amazing results. Rain water runs off the top like it was metal even months after an application. I don't feel it's too expensive. One source is Autogeek.net, or just Google 303 products.

Guest My TC Toy

For anyone who is interested, I contacted Haartz and the TC soft top is a Haartz top. It is a Twillfast cloth topping as original equipment. Twillfast is produced from a solution died acrylic facing, an elastomer (rubber) inner layer and a poly/cotton lining material.

Haartz recommends RaggTopp cloth top cleaning products. Caution was advised, however, because vinyl top cleaning products should NOT be used on cloth tops.