Sign in to follow this  
hwess

Fuel filter with vacumn tank

Where do you put the fuel filter when you have a vacumn tank, between the fuel tank and the vacumn tank or between the vacumn tank and the carburator?

I am not sure why it would matter but its easier to hide a non original fuel filter between the fuel tank and vacuum tank

And it would be preferable to filter out any crud before it can get to the vacuum tank needle valve.

I mounted an inline filter horizontally, just ahead of the rear axle. Doesn´t seem to affect the operation of the vacuum tank. Works fine. Good luck.

If you put it between the vacuum tank and fuel tank you are just making another place for a vacuum leak.

Filtering out crud before it makes its way to the vacuum tank only makes sense

Thanks for the replies. Its going between the fuel tank and the vacumn tank.Now back to the ethenol in the gas, I've heard Marine Stabil is the stuff to use to prevent problems with fuel pumps and hoses. What you think? Other ideas?

I just started using the Sta-bil ethanol treatment --- I guess the jury is still out on this one. Check out the post on ethanol treatment on page 2 of this forum.

Edited by FMF (see edit history)

I'm not a fan of petrol treatments. You'll be a lot better off if you work out what parts the ethanol is going to affect and change them.