Sign in to follow this  
Earl Filippelli

1988 Reatta cruise problem

Hello All. Drove my car today after a 3week set up.the car runs great but after 3years I get message cruise disengaged , but the cruise works fine. Any ideas? Thanks in advance , Earl.

I have an '89 Riv, but come here because this forum is one of the best on the internet for automotive stuff. Last fall I had trouble with my Cruise Control after I had restored it a year previous. I replaced the Servo and did quite a bit of other things but it still didn't work. I then went to Florida for 6 months, when I got back and put the Riv on the road, the cruise was working fine!!!! When I drove a Cab in Boston for a living I spent some time working out of a garage which had about 25 to 50 cars on the road. There was one mechanic who was considered a guru. He was very humble and unassuming. Once I was in the garage waiting for my cab. I watched them trying to fix an engine. He wandered over and watched for a while. Then he stepped up, put his hand in the engine compartment, shook something for a few seconds and the engine started up.

Edited by SwiftBuicks (see edit history)