Hubcap Identification help

Guest Mox

Hello, I am new to the community. I own an antique mall and have recently come across 5 hubcaps I'm trying to identify. I know the manufacturer of two, but wondering if anyone here can help me figure out which cars these went to. I attached the pictures to this thread. Thanks for reading and for any help!

Cheers,

Mox

post-78183-143138630552_thumb.jpg

post-78183-143138630565_thumb.jpg

post-78183-143138630575_thumb.jpg

post-78183-143138630584_thumb.jpg

post-78183-143138630594_thumb.jpg

top right is for 75-87 Ford passenger cars, including 77-78 Cougars and 77-79 LTD II. The middle one on the left is for 68-69 Ford passenger cars. The top left one - I think - is for 61-62 Buick Specials. Don't know the other 2.

The top right wheel cover is for several Ford passenger cars from 1975-1989 w/ 15" wheels. If it were from a Mercury it would have a different center.

The middle left is for full-size Fords from 1968 & 1969 (14" wheels).

The top ledft is for 1961 & 1962 Buick Skylarks. The lower line Specials had a different wheel cover.

The bottom hubcap is from a 1930's Graham, somewhere between 1931 and 1936 but I don't know the particular year.

Edited by Dave@Moon (see edit history)

I appreciate the quick responses. I was offered these for a total of about $25. Do you think they are worth the price for resale value? Also, I do ship items, if anyone here collects or is looking for anything in particular and I have it, I'd be glad to ship items out. I have about 65 dealers in a 12,000ft antique mall and a constant stream of new items coming in (including newer stuff such as novelty parking signs, etc). I do appreciate your replies, it will help with my research. I had the Ford caps pegged, but the others I had no clue. Thanks again!

Cheers,

Mox

Antique mall?:D

I can spend hours in one. You located anywhere near southern Virginia?

The GP and Packard would probably generate the most interest of these 5, followed by the Skylark cap. The two Ford caps, unless they are NOS or excellent, might be tough to move until the right person comes along who needs it. But yes, you'd make your money back easily at $25 for the 5. Each should sell in $15-20 range, possibly more for the GP and Packard even though they have some wear and damage.

I'm in SE Michigan, but if you have anything you collect in particular, I'll gladly take a look and photograph some things/their prices and am willing to ship. Just let me know :)

I'm in SE Michigan, but if you have anything you collect in particular, I'll gladly take a look and photograph some things/their prices and am willing to ship. Just let me know :)

Maybe you can find me one of these....

post-37352-143138630779_thumb.jpg

Give me any info you can on it (name, year, use, etc) so I can ask one of my 65 antique dealers whom rent booth space. I can usually track just about anything down.

Give me any info you can on it (name, year, use, etc) so I can ask one of my 65 antique dealers whom rent booth space. I can usually track just about anything down.

The radiator cap is a "Jarvis No. 764" for a 1931 Dodge Brothers. Thr Graham hubcap you have is probably the rarest and worth the most. I believe that the cap with the guy in the helmet over the shield is a Kaiser/Frazer cap....1949 maybe?

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Guest bkazmer

way to go K31 - Frazer, with details stylized (the thing over the knight's helmet is a stag, and the devise is not on the ribbon)

• 3 years later...
  • 9 months later...
Guest Bob Call

You need to do a new thread each time you post something new to ID. When people look at this thread they see it was posted in 2011 and many will go right by without looking.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...