What happened to min 5, max 7??

Ccar

Been reading about becoming a National Director and wondered what happened to the petition to change the bylaws for electing National Directors? All I heard was questions in Philadelphia, no answers. Did the vote for a minimum of 5, maximum of 7 get discussed in the Board Meeting? What is the status now?<P>Ccar

Chuck ~ I sent the petitions with approximately 950 signatures to the National Secretary in mid January for presentation to the Board of Directors. This is the proper procedure according to Roberts Rules of Order.<P>It is my understanding that they were either overlooked or brushed aside at the regular Board meeting on Thursday. It would seem to me that if there were questions at the meeting, but no answers, it was because nothing was done. Are we surprised??? Will the voice of 900+ AACA members be ignored?<P>However I do understand that the petitions eventually came to light at the reorganizational board meeting. Certainly not the proper venue. I have been told that the entire subject has been referred to a committee for further study. ~ hvs<p>[ 02-19-2002: Message edited by: hvs ]

• 4 weeks later...

A committee has been appointed and has begun a study of the proposal that the ballot be changed to require a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 7 votes cast in order to be valid.<P>The committee is comprised of 5 persons, 3 members of the National Board and 2 non Board members. The committee will make a report to the Board at the June Board of Directors meeting. Hopefully the report will be favorable and recommend adoption of the proposal .<P>hvs

• 2 weeks later...

<B>UPDATE ---</B> The committee is still hard at work on this issue. You would be amazed at the amount of time and effort being put into the study.<P>From time to time this thread will be brought up to the top, so it isn't out of sight and out of mind when the Board makes its decision. smile.gif" border="0<P>hvs

• 2 weeks later...

It would seem appropriate to ask if the Committee would accept input from the membership if constructive commentary is offered for or against the ballot proposal. Is it possible to let thoughts be known? If so, to whom would such a formal message be sent? Thanks.

Please do send your comments, pro or con, to the committee Chairman, Terry Bond.<P>You will find his address and I believe his e-mail address on the Officers section of the AACA website. His mailing address can also be found on page 2 of ANTIQUE AUTOMOBILE magazine under the Officers section.<P>Any such input from interested AACA members, either for or against the possible change, might help the committee move toward its final decision. Right now it seems to be wandering around somewhere about dead center on the issue. smile.gif" border="0 ~ hvs

The same post came up twice, shocked.gif" border="0 so I have gone back and erased the text of the second one. ~ hvs<p>[ 04-10-2002: Message edited by: hvs ]

• 3 weeks later...

The committee is bringing its work to a conclusion and will have a report for the Board at it's June Board of Directors meeting in Cedar Rapids.<P>We should know the outcome within a reasonable period of time thereafter. <P>hvs

• 4 weeks later...

Back to the top, again!<P>On June 27th, the AACA Board of Directors will meet in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and at that time will make a decision regarding the change in the ballot rules to the 5-7 concept. I will come back again at that time to advise of the outcome.<P>To those who think, or have heard, or wish that HVS was banned from the forum, that is <B>NOT</B> the case. smile.gif" border="0 Sorry guys. wink.gif" border="0<P>hvs

• 5 weeks later...

National Director Terry Bond, who served as Chairman of the ballot study committee, will come on the Forum shortly and give a detailed report on the outcome of this proposal.<P>hvs

• 3 months later...