ARE THESE LINCOLN DOOR HANDLES?

AlanM

They are door handles for 1941 Lincoln Zephyrs and 1942 to 1948 Lincolns. 1941 thru 1948 use push button door openers

They sure look like Lincoln Zephyr door handels. I used them on my 41 Continental in the winter time so the doors wouldn't frreeze shut in Ohio in the late 50s early 60's. Lee Waldren Florida

these pull type door handles were introduced on the '41 Zephyrs and Customs when Lincoln changed their door latches . The push button ( Kelvinator?)were used on the '41 Continentals, all '42 , 46 early '47 Lincolns and all '42 to '48 Continentals. The Lincoln's returned to the pull type in early '47 and continued into the '48 and carried the same p/n as the '41. I guess they wanted to use up parts before the all new '49 cars?

The pull type and push button door openers are interchageable and many folks have converted their pull handles to push button even tho their doors lack the "kicker" mechanism necessary to spring the door partially open when it's un-latched.

I think some strange anomalies took place near the end of the V12 production. My '48 club coupe was assembled with a door kicker mechanism on the driver's door/post even tho it has the pull type handle while the passenger door did not have this mechanism? Again, trying to use up parts I guess?

Edited by peecher (see edit history)