Sign in to follow this  
stealthbob

Build your own 1954 Buick

Well after a long process of building the software and loading images and info we at 1954Buick.com are proud to introduce the 1954 Buick Configurator!

This was all done by our very talented and dedicated Webmaster El Diablo...all credit goes to him!

Have you wondered how your car would look like, if it was painted in a different color? Have you asked yourself, where and when your 1954 Buick was built? And the original price?

Here is the key to the answers of your questions: With the 1954 Buick Configurator you can build your personal 1954 Buick - just the way you like it.

Key features are:

• Configure every Buick model that was available in 1954
  • Original paint combinations*
  • Correct prices for every option**
  • Most of the optional equipment is pictured and described
  • Create a desktop background image for your computer
  • Decode the VIN number of your 1954 Buick
  • Download a PDF factsheet of general info and individual data of your configured car***
  • Configurations can be saved on (and loaded from) your local computer****

Configure your 1954 Buick(s) now!

Please understand that developing this software took a long time. Therefore it is not for free. With your subscription, you get full access to all features! Get the full version!

The software recognizes by itself if you have privileges to use the full version. Otherwise it will switch to a demo version with a few restrictions and watermarks. Both version can be reached through this link.

Note: You may have to hit F11 to switch to full screen to see the Start button bottom left. Just push F11 again to switch back when done.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask them here.

* Paint colors have been taken from the original dealer paint selector. But due to light situation, computer monitor profile, printer profile, etc. the paint cannot be 100% accurate. The trim combinations colors depend on the same situations / settings.

** Taken by two different dealer price sheets. Both vary a little bit. The most authentic value has been chosen.

*** Be sure to turn off your pop up blocker of your browser for that feature.

**** This feature is based on cookies. If you have disabled / deleted cookies, you won't be able to use this feature.

If you want to see an example of what the Facts Sheet looks like click here

Again, thanks to you El Diablo! Your dedication to the brand is unmatched!

It was a pleasure (and hard work of a few hundred hours) to create it. :)

Although I'm happy that its finished. Best part of it: The people (like you) seem to enjoy it - that was my aim! :)

I'm considerring to make this for all 1950-1959 Buicks... could be fun!

post-47719-143138623299_thumb.jpg

It was a pleasure (and hard work of a few hundred hours) to create it. :)

Although I'm happy that its finished. Best part of it: The people (like you) seem to enjoy it - that was my aim! :)

I'm considerring to make this for all 1950-1959 Buicks... could be fun!

Take note Buick folks..... ;)

You should be proud El Diablo, not many could even do this type of work let alone for a hobby.

You certainly think big...I can only imagine what "Hometown Buick" will look like one day.

Edited by stealthbob (see edit history)

Bob,

Down here in Australia, members of and visitors to the FE/FC Holden Forum have been able to do this for at least six years at no cost.

Fyi, here is a link.

FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia

Go to Technical Information, then, No 10 FE & FC Paint Tools. click on a model then play. You might note there are also paint and trim codes, a full data plate decoder, engine manufacture dates and lots more!

Its a fantastic resource for those interested in these cars.

Thanks for posting that, these tools can be fun to play around with.

There is a thread here about widow stickers or build sheets not being available for Buick's prior to 59, this could be an option.

I had to scale down the PDF dramatically so it would upload here so the quality is poor and it changed some of the fonts but it gives you an idea of all the info you put into this software. This is the facts sheet for my Roadmaster.

Oh and as far as cost the free version does what your site does...the extra 15 bucks is more of a donation to recognize all the hard work it took to make this software work.

1954buick_factsheet.pdf.pdf

Thanks for sharing the link of the Holden Club! :)

Good work!

My Configurator is a little bit different. :) Its not a color changing tool. It for configuring the whole car - with all available options, described and pictured. The cost of each option (they differ from model to model!) are calculated, so that its possible to recreate the original factory price. The trim combinations are shown with scans of the original factory samples.

The VIN number can be decoded, what tells the user when and where their 1954 Buick was built. The car can be named and the configuration can be saved / loaded from a computer. Plus, its possible to download desktop wallpapers in HD quality.

All scanning and putting this together took a few hundred hours. Do you anyone who will work this kind of time for free? If yes, can you please forward his/her email address? ;)

That's brilliant - when can we expect the rest of the decade to be on-line?

Now that you have 1954 done you would start at the beginning ( 1950 ) and move on?

Can't wait to play around with the 50 Jetbacks VIN.

I guess this would be of a quality you coukl download to a thumb drive and have a frameable professional copy printed at the local photo-shop.

Thanks for the info, El Diablo! Thanks for your interest and work on this project!

NTX5467

Now that you have 1954 done you would start at the beginning ( 1950 ) and move on?

I guess this would be of a quality you coukl download to a thumb drive and have a frameable professional copy printed at the local photo-shop.

To create a Configurator with high image quality I need to have a good source. The 1954 models were taken from the big showroom album.

img_1784.jpg

I have these albums for 1951, 1952 and 1958, so these model years are next.

Once a model is ready, you can download a wallpaper in HD (1920 x 1080 pixels). Upon request, I can create files with an even bigger resolution (2-6 times). That would be fine for printing BIG posters.