Dodge Victory Six

Guest prs519

Guest prs519

I was treated today to observe a friend's project which was a 1929 Doge

Victory Six four door sedan. I was taken by its styling, given that this

car appears to have been chopped 6 or 8 inches! Nevertheless, the owner reported it had not been, and I asked him if the Victory Six had small production numbers, because I had not seen one, whole or part, that I could recall. He said he did not know, and I said I would see if the AACA guys would help us...so..the rest will probably soon be history (Keiser who, for one?)

thanks, ladies and gentlemen,

Perry in Idaho

When I said 'odd I had not observed the remains of any Victory Sixes', I so said because I walked the sage-brush dumping grounds of the west, even before Lady Bird started making the world more habitable for robots (or trolls, as they say now!) How soon we grow old. Take note, ya young whippersnappers!

Guest prs519

Would they all have been considered Victory six sedans if produced for the 1928 model year?

Or was Victory six maybe just one of several six cylinder Dodge offerings for the year? Has anybody seen one in the last decade or so, or were they maybe so poor that they were scrapped for some major reason before they had a chance to wear out?

Would they all have been considered Victory six sedans if produced for the 1928 model year?

Or was Victory six maybe just one of several six cylinder Dodge offerings for the year? Has anybody seen one in the last decade or so, or were they maybe so poor that they were scrapped for some major reason before they had a chance to wear out?

The Victory Six was one model of many for 1928. There are quite a few left. If you go to my photo gallery, you will see some that I have posted my photos of.

post-37352-143138620235_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138620238_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138620241_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138620244_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138620247_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138620257_thumb.jpg

The blue-green two door has great lines - I like the way the body ends right at the rear axle but would fit a slightly different trunk on it. Also, unlike a Model A Ford, the rear window is not much larger than the front, making for a really nice looking car. Is this considered a two door or a victoria?

Not sure I have ever seen one of those before....

Guest prs519

You are a peach, Keiser, thanks once again. My friend will love observing the pics you have posted. Steve glad you see what I mean about the styling.

Perry

If you look at the fenders you will see a crease,like on pressed trousers, running front to back. this is mimicked on the headlights top to bottom via the back and on the cowl lights if so equipped. this is only done on the Victory 6 not on the standard 6,Fast 4, and any other models of that year.

Dear Perry,

There's a great '28 Victory Six Sedan on exhibit in the front lobby of Canada's largest transportation museum -- the Reynolds-Alberta Museum in Wetaskiwin, Alberta. The right half is condition #5 and the left half is totally restored.

----Jeff

Dear Perry,

There's a great '28 Victory Six Sedan on exhibit in the front lobby of Canada's largest transportation museum -- the Reynolds-Alberta Museum in Wetaskiwin, Alberta.

----Jeff

Yep...

post-37352-143138625993_thumb.jpg

Guest prs519

Wow, that car is a grand salute to the efforts and work which goes into the restorations of vintage cars. And the zoning officials would never understand a real car person pondering which side of the car is the more admirable! Thanks, guys.

Guest festanley

The Victory Six was introduced in 1928 before Chrysler took over Dodge. It was the mid priced car in the Dodge Brothers line for 1928 and was carried over into 1929. My father has owned a 1928 sedan since 1972 when he purchased it with 8000 miles on it. It has been driven a lot over the years but never fully restored. It is one of he best and most reliable cars of the era. It has a six cylinder engine, seven main bearing with full pressure lubrication. The body was made by Budd and is all steel. Brakes are four wheel Lockheed hydraulic from the factory. They are also very attractive and probably one of the most overlooked quality cars of that era. Consequently they are inexpensive cars to buy today.

Alan

Guest slikwillie1965

Help please,

I need help in finding a complete left rear door for my 1932 dodge brothers 8 and a hood.

Thanks for all help,

Bill (slikwillie)

• 6 years later...
40 minutes ago, Mathias said:

Im searching for dodge victory six parts for sell i have a roadster 28

8BF47E05-3399-4F4D-9766-6F365F722FEC.png

You need to start a new thread about this and as suggested....in the Dodge and Dodge Brothers section. Those are great cars and looks like you got yourself a rare one....