1962 Invicta Convertible Customized

Clipper47

This 1962 Buick Invicta convertible belonged to a friend of mine who recently passed away. I am trying to assist the widow to sell the two Buicks he owned and prviously posted an ad for his 1929 sedan on this site.

I don't know much about this Buick but it is customized somewhat. The engine and trans run fine and are pretty well stock as far as I can determine. The body has had work and been painted to a good standard. The interior is excellent with no rips or tears. It was shown at the Buick Club centennial meet in Flint a few years back. The widow was told by her late husband the car was worth $25000 and she is now asking $24000 and is anxious for the car to sell. Please direct any inquiries to me at kenne@shaw.ca and I will pass them along or try to answer them myself if I can. the car is located in Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada. My interest in old cars is limited to mainly Packards so any help in establishing a realistic "ballpark"value for this car would be appreciated. Thanks!

post-44130-143138619296_thumb.jpg

post-44130-143138619298_thumb.jpg

post-44130-143138619301_thumb.jpg

post-44130-143138619304_thumb.jpg

post-44130-143138619306_thumb.jpg

Edited by Clipper47 (see edit history)

Your best bet is probably to advertise it outside of the Buick crowd. Many Buick owners are purists, and it looks like the engine, interior, continental kit, etc. all deviate from factory stock and won't appeal to many of them (us).

I recently listed a 62 Invicta convertible with 63k miles, 1 family owned, real nice driver quality car, for $15k. IMO the price for this car would probably be low to mid teens. Try listing it on Craigslist and maybe carsonline.com

Edited by cjp69 (see edit history)

Chris, I saw you car advertised it was a beauty! This one is so messed up I don't think it will sell unless I find a buyer interested in a non original car. I will advertise locally and see if someone is interested. Thanks for you opinions and advice.

Being a used car salesman at heart, I always talk about "the eternal search for the uninformed buyer".

Spend $50 and advertise it in the Good Guys magazine. You might list it in a 1950's collectibles site as well. Be creative and look for a medium where high $$ and impulse sales rule. And always remember, the correct reply is "is that a cash offer today?" Take the money!

Bernie