Unique CT Event August 24

On August 24th there will be a celebration of the 100th anniversary of the Baldwin Bridge, which connects Old Saybrook and Old Lyme across the CT River. Celebration will feature and is calling for - - antique autos! I think they are looking for pre-1976 but the details are in the link below:

About Old Saybrook Historical Society, Old Saybrook CT

Looks pretty cool. Being a weekday I am still TBD but I think they want to have it on the actual anniversary date and not close the bridge on a weekend at the height of beach season here in New England. Still, I am thinking it may be worth a vacation day - especially if organizers can get some really old or CT based cars out there!

Edited by Steve_Mack_CT
added info (see edit history)

I agree--looks interesting, but also a weekday, which presents some challenges if you work a regular job (and/or don't have enough vacation days left to blow).

I was contacted about it, asked some followup questions, and then constructed a listing for my SAAC Calendar page: SAAC - Calendar of Selected Upcoming Shoreline-Area Antique Auto Events (scroll to August 24th, 2011).

I also have uploaded an info/registration form that came from the organizers: http://home.comcast.net/~shorelinesteve/CentennialConnectionsAntiqueAutoForms.pdf

Looks like "CT" is the "Place To Be" this summer!

Edited by stock_steve (see edit history)