Rivi engine swap

Guest johnbost

Guest johnbost

I have a 65 Rivirera with a 401 that is bassically shot. Was thinking of installing a 68-69 Buick 430 Cid engine. Has anyone done this swap and could tell be the pitfalls if any, regarding the modification required for the trans. motor mounts, exhaust,, oil pan , fan, radiator or other adaptions that may have to be made? Would a 455 buick be any tougher or easier to install. Just weighing my options.

Thanks , John

this swap has been done before, a 455 is no different than a 430 when installing one or the other. but, it would be much, much better to keep and rebuild the original engine, it's correct for the car, it fits without making modifications, your car's value will only go up with the 401, and 100% original cars is what the aaca is all about. i have a 1953 pontiac chieftain custom catalina that i'm going a engine and transmission swap to reflect 1953 pontiac history, but i know i will never change another classic car, and i used to own a 1965 buick riviera. charles coker, 1953 pontiac tech advisor.

Guest johnbost

Guys; As the originator of this mail, I was asking if anyone had details for the riviera 401 to a 430 or 455 engine swap. I do understand the original Values , and I haver two complete original 65 rivi's. This one I was going to make into a custom. I just realized i am on the wrong forum (AACA )to discuss this type of modification. was actually looking for info more than advise.

Thanks guys,

John

Guest johnbost

Hey Pontiac 1953; Do you know where I might be able to pick-up a 1954 pontiac grille? Although I am looking for a straight rust free grille, any condition will do. Please let me know.

Thanks, John

Guest johnbost

HI Pontiac -53: I am looking for the entire grille, less the two end turning signals. The center bar would be better if included, but not completely neccessary. Any condition will do , but the better the condition is preferable. Do you have ro know someone that has this grille?

Thanks, John