Just thought I'd share some purchasing advice...

Guest Kitskaboodle

Guest Kitskaboodle

Just wanted to give some advice to ya'all on a sneaky practice that some (but not all) auto parts businesses/retailers do:

I had ordered a steering rack for my Fiero a while back from a company that does nothing but rebuilt steering racks. They took my order & credit card and said they would ship it when it's ready. (or something similar)

Anyways, two weeks later I called to find out why that havent shipped it yet and they said they didnt have any cores available (for a Fiero) to rebuild at this time. (I did not send them mine to rebuild because I was still using in in the car...the car doesnt turn well without it :( ) I said, "if I had known you didnt even have one in stock I might not have ordered from you!" (He never mentioned this when I placed my order)

Anyways, the point is (or, my lesson learned) that when I now order over the phone I always ask, "Do you have it in stock now and/or "I do not want to have my item backordered, please".

Kit

Edited by Kitskaboodle (see edit history)

They give you the wrong part, to lock in the sale. Why do you think the auto parts people are{ laughing } behind the counter? The joke is on the customer.