AM transmitter to feed my original radio

chstickl

Finally the original radio on my 37 Roadmaster works again - just to find out that I only catch 1 sender during daytime and some more at night. AM doesnt seem to be popular anymore.

So how can I use my Ipod feeding a signal to my radio - here is an idea:

Did anybody come across an AM transmitter that you can use with an Ipod just to simulate a radio station? Should be a very simple circuit. There are plenty for FM, but I haven´t found any working on 6V an AM transmission.

Would there be more interested party in case I find an old radio buff who can build that effectively?

Christian

Guest Grant Magrath

Great idea! I imagine some electronic hobbyist should be able to knock something up. It only has to be low powered. Alternately, you could put a connector on your speaker wiring and bypass the radio. It would still sound the same.

Cheers

Grant

Christian,

What i did on my '40 radio was to solder two wires directly to the speaker tabs on my stock radio, run them out the back of the set, and they are hooked up to my stepped up "secret" am/fm 12 volt radio/cassett player hidden under the seat. Wires run under the front carpet. The stock radio still plays too, but you cannot run them together, 'cause it really sounds "icky". This winter i'll hide 2 speakers for the secret radio under the dash to get stereo.

Mike in Colorado

Guest Grant Magrath

I may have found something.

Go to http://www.corvettecentral.com and search for Redi-Rad. Play your ipod, etc through the factory radio. Don't know about voltage, but works on both AM and FM. At worst, you may have to hide a 6-12v inverter somewhere, but maybe not.

Cheers

Grant