Help a girl out......with a Victory Six

I am trying to research the Victory Six I will soon begin work on. What's the difference between the 140's & 130's? I think I might have it figured out, but not sure? :( How can I tell which this car is? Right now it's titled as a 1928 but I found that the Number on the plate in the cab may indicate it to actually be a 1929. :confused: My biggest thing right now is found out the original paint scheme. This car is complete. There's very little missing and the car is in solid shape. I CANNOT WAIT to get working on it!! Anyone that can enlighten me would get my sincere gratitude. My husband may shake his head though! :D

I'm having a hell of a time getting pictures loaded. Seems I used the wrong camera, the files are too big! :( As soon as I can figure out how to get them loaded somewhere or go take some with the pocket camera, I'll let you know.

If I understand the last post, the Victory Six is considered the 130's & the Standard Six is the 140's which is what I thought.

The car is in even better condition than I remembered. The interior is a bit rough, but there is little rust on the body.

Yes, thats a Victory six sedan. I can help you with the original paint scheme but you will have to give me some more info. It requires sharing serial #s ect so you can either e-mail me jhason2@yahoo.com or you can post them here if you like.

Originally your car had a metal plate attached to the toe board ( last board up toward the firewall assuming you have wooden floorboards and not steel ) and on that plate will be your cars serial #. We can start from there.

The D.B club editor made an excellent CD jam packed with info concerning your car, not to run you off but keep in mind that if you are interested it is defanitely worth looking into.

Does your car have any of the original tool-kit left with it, maybe in the toolbox located underneath the front seat? Might be a jack, handle tire pump, wrenches ect. Anything at all?

Edited by 1930 (see edit history)

My husband says there is part of the tool kit somewhere stored at the shop. It does have wooden floorboards & I do have the numbers from the plate in the cab & also on the engine. I've read in other posts about the CD and am seriously considering getting it. Right now car is in father-in-laws name, but will soon be transfered to husband & I once we've made the room in the garage. Probably by this fall. And it is going to be MY project car. :D I've always wanted to work on an old classic & it seems like you can't get much more classic than this. Well, I guess you can, but I have to stay with a "Chrysler" product since they used to be a dealership & we would get nothing but greif if we had anything else! ;)

Thank you again for your help. I will email you what info I have been able to collect so far.

Hey classic girl Welcome to the Dbs what fun they are. Join the club and get the news letters and the networking. Im on year 5 on my resto 1928 vic 6 model 130

It is a labour of love but it is a great feeling when you get there. I recommend getting the c.d. I had it printed and it is your new best friend.Thanks John Bittence for all your hard work on that info. Take it slow and easy so you don't get over whelmed. Good luck .

Kevin

I have the #s and will do my best to help you out using Johns material.

I must note and this will be the last time I say anything about this specifically that I am not a Victory six expert, Im not a DA expert. What I have learned concerning the Victory six has been with the help of John CD that I printed out and use regularily.

More is known about the Victory six than any other Dodge model dated 1914-1936 at least ( in my opinion ) because of Johns efforts. I wish that I had half of the information available to me for my own 29/30 DA Dodge research. Maybe one day I will compile the same sort of info for the DA Dodge but at this point I dont see being able to do half as thorough of a job as John has done.

I simply dont have the time to continue putting any sort of disclamer like this in every post ( but dont want to take any credit away from John ) but am happy if I can help out any Victory Six owners using the material that John has put together.

John did more for the Dodge Brothers club than any other member that I know of because of his efforts in putting this information together and I personally will always strive to be at least half as usefull to Dodge owners as he has been because I simply love the idea of preserving the history and the cars maybe as much as he does.

Kevin....Thanks for the welcoming! I appreciate that! I know this is going to be a continuos work in progress! My husband seems to think I don't know what I got myself into! I'm just to going to work on one area at a time and finish before moving on. I really like the colors of yours! I look forward to checking out the other pictures!

Keiser....I meant to put this up sooner....I did check out the photos in the DB Club website. There are some great looking cars that people have. Restored & unrestored!

Jason......I really appreciate your help in this!! Everything I've read in posts seems to be that John is the God of all knowledge on these vehicles. He is definately someone I will be getting in touch with & the more I hear, the more I am going to get the CD he put together.

It's been refreshing to see that there are people out there trying to preserve the history of these vehicles. I'm a Michigander. Even though my state is going through rough times right now, I'm still proud of my state. These vehicles are part of the history of my state. Thank you to anyone doing what they can to preserve this history!!

Sorry cant help but comment on this.....John is the God of all knowledge on these vehicles

John Bittence nor anyone living on this planet is the god of all knowledge on anything, everyone has something to add or contribute, no-one knows it all, we are all learning. I only said what I said partly because he worked hard on what he did and not for an instant would I want to take that away from him but my time is limited so I cant keep giving praise in every post concerning the Victory six and I dont want to give anyone the opportunity to say that I am using what he put together to make myself seem smarter because I aint that brite.

If he contibuted to this forum like he used too than he could help you and many others directly here , for reasons of his own he does not so I can offer some assistance thru knowledge that he has shared in other formats. I.E his Victory compilation

If you were to contact him via e-mail than I am sure he would be willing to help you there as well

Kevin- nice work so far on your Victory! Quality takes time - hang in there! Maybe when she's finished you could take a test run down the coast to San Diego.

MICG- Welcome aboard-nice project for you- You husband is a lucky man to find someone who can take the bull by the horns, so to speak! My mom was a lot like that. She was the pointed-toe getting my Dad out in the garage to finish up the restorations they started. And absolutely, GET THE CD!! JB has poured his heart and soul into research and note-taking to create the masterpiece he presents for only $10. Best ten bucks you'll ever spend if you own a 28-31 Dodge Six.

Thanks idrjoe!! Yes, he is lucky!! :D He's lucky to have found someone that enjoys many of the same things as he does including being a grease monkey! My husband has his own hobby of restoring older motorcycles. 1970's era. He has several that he needs to get working on and I am usually the one lighting the fire!! ;)